MyFord and MyLincoln Touch

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31713

"MyFord driver connect technology launches this year on 2011 Ford Edge and goes global with availability on 2012 Ford Focus. MyLincoln Touch will be standard equipment on new Lincolns beginning with 2011 Lincoln MKX"

It's Official. Now, is the Focus been introduced in a week is the 2012? In a way, it makes sense considering the 2011 Fiesta is coming out this year. I see the MCE MKS getting this after MKX.

From the bottom of the article: "By 2015, approximately 80 percent of Ford’s North American models are expected to have MyFord driver connect technology, with similar percentages predicted for the world market."

I read that as the rest of the world will get Focus as 2012 model. We are getting 2011 Focus ahead of everyone else. By law, I don't think you can sell a "2012" model while still in calendar year 2010 so it's clear that the new Focus will be launched in the US as 2011 model.

I read that as the rest of the world will get Focus as 2012 model. We are getting 2011 Focus ahead of everyone else. By law, I don't think you can sell a "2012" model while still in calendar year 2010 so it's clear that the new Focus will be launched in the US as 2011 model.

I think the Focus is going into production the end of this year and on sale January 2011

Thus a 2012 model

Yeah same here, I can rest my left arm on the door and just use that hand for turn signals and wipers, I dont care for an extra stick.

I did notice thru the screen there's the option of heated steering wheel. I guess somethign with this human interface will allow is that options can be easily added onto a vehicle, and there's no more "blank" plastic buttons that leave the base models feeling as if they missed out on something.

That's how I drive as well. Good point about the lack of blank buttons on lesser-equipped models.

Is this going to spread though the line as vehicles are replaced or is Ford going to be doing some IP upgrades for the 2011 model year? I would think vehicles like the Fusion / F-150 / Taurus would get this before their next Redo, they already have the larger Nav Screen.

Wonder what on the IP will be standard and what will be optional.

Also very very happy to see that Ford finally is putting a wiper control stalk on their cars! Hopefully that means a Mist feature!!! Woohoo!

My guess is that the other models will switch to at least this look on the nav system if not the entire setup before their respective redesigns or MCEs.

Mist feature? They already have that and have for years, so I don't know what that means....

----

I wonder if current systems will be upgradeable to at least have the look of the new system, even if it doesn't have all the functions of it?

Edited by rmc523

I wonder if current systems will be upgradeable to at least have the look of the new system, even if it doesn't have all the functions of it?

Somewhere in Autoblog or Jalopnik I thought some apps may be brought to older systems. I'm not sure.

The only thing I'm not digging is the branding. They should have continued to reinforce the SYNC branding "MyFord/Lincoln Touch" is a mouthful.

Should have been "SYNC with TouchCommand" or something like that.

Sync is only a small piece of the whole package.

Both my brothers own SDs for the sole purpose of towing their travel trailers.

My brother and father currently do, and in about 4-5 years, I will own an SD for the same reason. I currently tow a 27' travel trailer, but would like to upgrade to a fifth wheel, and will need an SD for towing it.

What "SYNC" is is defined by Ford. They should be reinforcing the brand rather than trying to create a seperate brand.

Sync doesn't convey the personalization features and many customers would hear Sync and assume it's the current system.

Sync is still there and still does what it does today (and more).

I think you guys just sit around looking for something to complain about.

Users will be able to take all of their MyFord Touch settings with them from vehicle to vehicle – just plug in an SD card or flash drive and you're good to go drive another MyFord Touch-equipped car. Your color scheme, your radio presets, your music tags, your seat position – whatever – all go with you. It will even welcome you by name, no matter the car.

I was about to say "wake me when you can carry your settings from car to car on your key".... before I realized how stupid that would be.