Lincoln Tweets Navigator Teaser?

Well, they are releasing all the details tomorrow, so we can get all the info and pictures then. Hope it's the next hit for Lincoln.

From Autoblog:

The only other bit of news to report is that the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine may be this Lincoln's sole driving force, the 5.4-liter V8 possibly being dropped altogether.

Yikes, that's going to take some getting used to.

Also can someone inform Ford/Lincoln that if someone spends 60k purchasing one of these they don't care about fuel economy. The apparent lack of the 6.2 is absolutely disgusting, myself and many included will never own a truck without a V8 under the hood.

Yikes, that's going to take some getting used to.

Also can someone inform Ford/Lincoln that if someone spends 60k purchasing one of these they don't care about fuel economy. The apparent lack of the 6.2 is absolutely disgusting, myself and many included will never own a truck without a V8 under the hood.

Never say never.

I think that the new front-end is executed very well given the rectangular limitations of the base vehicle. I actually like the execution of the new Navi front better than that on the MKC. However, I admittedly dislike almost everything about the MKC.

I do hope that Lincoln soon executes a one piece, horizontal grill on one of their cars. The 1962 Conti would be great inspiration. Audi, the modern paragon of vertical fronts is reportedly moving towards a more horizontal look. Lincoln produced one of the best, ever, and could evoke this great tradition while being modern and not retro. Every vehicle within a brand doesn't need to have the same tight theme at the front end.

• Like 1

Also can someone inform Ford/Lincoln that if someone spends 60k purchasing one of these they don't care about fuel economy.

So tired of hearing this. There's an '06 Navigator sitting in my garage with barely 63k miles on it because of gas prices. Why own it? Because it tows our travel trailer. I can't tell you how much I hate seeing the trip computer say 11-13 mpg.

• Like 1

So tired of hearing this. There's an '06 Navigator sitting in my garage with barely 63k miles on it because of gas prices. Why own it? Because it tows our travel trailer. I can't tell you how much I hate seeing the trip computer say 11-13 mpg.

Well I think you may be in the minority when it comes to that. The 6.2 should be an option on this truck,

I think part of the problem is that the close up focus on the grille is causing the image to distort. It's not a flattering angle. I took the other front end teaser (the dark one) into Photoshop and lightened it (can barely see some of the details), and I'm starting to feel it more. I'll reserve judgement until we see some better pictures.

Edited by mustang84isu

I am willing to buy a premium vehicle because I plan on enjoying it for ten years. Where I live there are a lifetime's worth of great places to go within several hundred miles. My wife and I have family members spread across several states and we have two kids. That means four plane tickets from small airport to small airport so flying is out. It also means we have a need for comfort and room for extended miles of driving. Regardless of what we spend on a vehicle, we are interested in getting this room and comfort without breaking the bank on four-plus dollar summer fuel....and who know what the fuel prices will be two, three, or four years out.

The tails are the only thing I don't really care for on this one. Remind me too much of the Durango (which I like, but I also like my Lincolns and Dodges separate).

Otherwise, the interior is MUUUUUUUUCH improved over the current model. And bye-bye braceface. :)

Overall I give it a low A. That's higher than it would have been if it were a clean-sheet redesign.

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

Wow from Guate-mala to Guate-peor, yikes... I'm starting to love the current one LOL I would say the previous generation by far was the most attractive and every line was cohesive same with the interior. Although I do get the limitations on this one, they are trying to make a new swoopy grill look masculine on a brick designed vehicle and they felt this is the best they can do. Make the whole front quite busy and something about the low rear window belt-line just makes it look bad as well. At least interior is upgraded, just dont care for the double cow dashboard but thats just me...

As suspected, it looks much better now that you can see it from a distance and see the entire vehicle along with the front. I think it looks much better than the current version, and while clearly just a refresh (glad to see the folks over at GMI are seeing that as well), I think it'll be a nice holdover product until the fully redesigned model arrives.

• A redesigned exterior, updated interior, more powerful engine, additional customer-focused technologies and new luxurious appointments elevate Lincoln Navigator in the full-size luxury SUV market
  • A new 3.5-liter, twin-turbocharged EcoBoost® engine delivers more power; available Lincoln Drive Control with Continuously Controlled Damping provides a smoother ride; electric power-assisted steering improves handling; and puddle lamps that create a “welcome mat” below both front doors offer a new level of elegance
  • An available Reserve Package includes 22-inch wheels and ultra-luxurious leather with premium Ziricote wood trim
  • - See more at: http://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2014/01/23/lincoln-motor-company-introduces-new-level-of-power-and-beauty-o.html#sthash.cwqY4Geo.dpuf

http://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2014/01/23/lincoln-motor-company-introduces-new-level-of-power-and-beauty-o.html

Production of the 2015 Navigator is scheduled to begin late this summer at the Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Ky., and vehicles are due in Lincoln showrooms in early fall. - See more at: http://media.lincoln.com/content/lincolnmedia/lna/us/en/news/2014/01/23/lincoln-motor-company-introduces-new-level-of-power-and-beauty-o.html#sthash.cwqY4Geo.dpuf
1390444295107.jpg
Edited by JasonM

Looks better in motion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6licT8RkQY

The LED squiggles under the projectors are never on in the video so when do they light up?

Perhaps they were simply turned off (DRL setting?). I've noticed the LED running lights a lot of cars have sometimes don't show up well in video (they'll blink quickly), so perhaps this has something to do with it?

I'm willing to bet that the majority of negative chatter is coming from people with absolutely no interest in purchasing any near future Lincoln.

Sure. it a comb over, a get through or any other less complementary snipe you can imagine but it will bring in valuable income for Lincoln

and its dealers until the all new model arrives.

• Like 1