Lincoln Teases (Likely) MKX Concept to debut in China

I like it, especially in side profile - I think it actually looks very nicely proportioned. I wonder if it's on the same wheelbase as the Edge concept we saw.

I really have no idea what the author of that autoblog article is talking about when he compares the two saying they look almost the same - they (the Edge and MKX concepts) look nothing alike at all from what I see.

How about in profile...

There are differences in sheet metal and trim, I think it's enough because as soon as

the side profile turns into a front or rear 3/4 shot, it's obvious how different the two are..

Get ready for some of the more outspoken GM-0-philes to brand this another MKZ/ "Buick" effort

but to me it achieves everything a Lincoln exterior should be delivering at the moment, I want to

see just how different the interiors are - that will be an even bigger acid test.

EdgeVsMKX_zps6e14d7d3.jpg

Edited by jpd80

This is ok but boring, I wont run out and buy one. What Lincoln (and any other domestic lux make) needs is a rwd sport luxury crossover. The Germans and Japans have theirs and making money off of it, where's the x1 or x5 or even M class competiors from the US?.

You guys can bitch and cry about profits and Wal-Mart like ROIs meantime the imports are using rwd car platforms (along with bad reliabilty) and making tons of money in our own yard. It makes no sense that BM-Daaaba-u have a its largest factory in the US in a market our own carmakers dont compete in, its sad!..

I wonder how much of that profit accumulated by BMW can be attributed to it being BMW - the badge rather than simply RWD products.

There's absolutely no guarantee that offering RWD products that copy 3, 5, X3, X5 would unlock vast sales for Cadillac or Lincoln.

maybe there's some other impediment that is stopping ATS from reaching 10,000 sales a month, we should know when ATS coupe arrives.

Edited by jpd80

I wonder how much of that profit accumulated by BMW can be attributed to it being BMW - the badge rather than simply RWD products.

There's absolutely no guarantee that offering RWD products that copy 3, 5, X3, X5 would unlock vast sales for Cadillac or Lincoln.

maybe there's some other impediment that is stopping ATS from reaching 10,000 sales a month, we should know when ATS coupe arrives.

I not saying offer every punch that BMW is offering but just at least get in the ring with them. A good solution is offer a volume competior (X5/X6 and X3). The closest domestic competitor that meets that is the Grand Cherokee.

Between the MKC and this new MKX (barring some MKT-like meltdown in the concept-to-production transition) I think Lincoln dealers finally have something to get excited about.

If nothing else, these new models will get feet in the door, where customers will also find the still great (if a little unknown) MKZ and a nicely refreshed Navigator.

• Like 1

How about in profile...

There are differences in sheet metal and trim, I think it's enough because as soon as

the side profile turns into a front or rear 3/4 shot, it's obvious how different the two are..

Get ready for some of the more outspoken GM-0-philes to brand this another MKZ/ "Buick" effort

but to me it achieves everything a Lincoln exterior should be delivering at the moment, I want to

see just how different the interiors are - that will be an even bigger acid test.

Live pics http://photocdn.sohu.com/20140420/Img398525866.jpg

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20140420/Img398525872.jpg

http://photocdn.sohu.com/20140420/Img398525874.jpg

Edited by MKII

How about in profile...

Yeah, I really don't understand how anyone can look at these two and say they look identical. The ONLY area I'll give them a slight validity to is the rear taillight bar. I'm not saying they look the same (they don't), but I'm not sure why they put the full width taillight bar on the Edge.

I read the Automotive News article. This is strictly an exterior styling exercise. The concept has no power train or interior.

Hmm - interesting, especially since all the other MKZ and MKC 'concepts' had interiors.

I want to see just how different the interiors are - that will be an even bigger acid test.

Interior is one area I'm not too worried about, at least as far as differentiation goes. I think the MKZ and MKC have show a pretty high level of differentiation from the Fusion and Escape, so I expect no different here. Now, that said.....one area I do think they could improve (and you see this brought up in reviews), is materials they use. They've definitely improved, but I think some nicer materials on the dash and door panels could go a long way here.

Hmm - interesting, especially since all the other MKZ and MKC 'concepts' had interiors.

I'm guessing that they want an "all new" component to herald when the production version is shown, since the exterior will largely be the same as this most likely.

Edited by PREMiERdrum

This is ok but boring, I wont run out and buy one. What Lincoln (and any other domestic lux make) needs is a rwd sport luxury crossover. The Germans and Japans have theirs and making money off of it, where's the x1 or x5 or even M class competiors from the US?.

You guys can bitch and cry about profits and Wal-Mart like ROIs meantime the imports are using rwd car platforms (along with bad reliabilty) and making tons of money in our own yard. It makes no sense that BM-Daaaba-u have a its largest factory in the US in a market our own carmakers dont compete in, its sad!..

2013 sales

BMW X5 - 39,000

Caddy SRX - 56,000

Lexus RX - 104,000

I do think the side profile is a lot closer than I expected. This tells me they're waiting for the CD4 based version to make any dramatic changes.

The front is gorgeous with the lights on.

This isn't a U.S. concept debut like the Edge. This was done for the Chinese market.

The Camry prototype we saw in the focus group last year also did not have an interior or drivetrain - it was just an exterior styling mule.

Edited by akirby

I think it is different enough from the Edge for the "rebadged Ford stigma" to not be a factor. I don't see it's styling being good enough to help it make conquest sales. It might even solidify the decision of people predisposed against Lincoln to avoid cross-shopping by reinforcing a few old Lincoln styling touches without adding anything fresh. Maybe the ratio of features to pricing will help combat this, like the MKZ verse Lexus commercials. I could see this jacked-up car helping to move Ford customers up a notch to Lincoln. I don't think it will flop, but I don't see it turning around Lincoln too much.