Chevy Silverado styling toughened up for 2016

jasonj80

I too think it looks much better. And I like how the article was acting as if they did away with the stacked headlights completely. Really what they did is no different than the 90s/early 2000 versions they had, only the separation is body color instead of chrome. Besides, I'd guarantee certain trims will have that be chrome anyway. Either way, definitely an improvement.

That's a great looking truck in my opinion. As much as it pains me, I really prefer that, or the current version, to the new F150. The F150 just does not do much for me. Not terrible, just doesn't make me want to go get one. IMO all of them have fascias that are awkwardly low for a truck. (The quest for MPGs, I get it...). Now the Raptor is a different story, Ford hit a home run with that!!

1013_Biz_FordF150_full_600-1.jpg

01-2017-ford-f150-raptor-detroit-1.jpg

Edited by PRM

Just by the picture I do like it, though they could have picked a better color to show it in.

AR-150719982.jpg

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150713/OEM04/150719982/chevy-silverado-styling-toughened-up-for-2016

IMO, this does not look new, it looks old--

51tJzRNClUL._SX425_.jpg

It's like GM had this clean Chevy design and they keep adding bumps and lumps and bulges to it, until they've got, basically, a 1998 Silverado with elephantiasis.

And still the square wheel wells.

IMO, this does not look new, it looks old--

51tJzRNClUL._SX425_.jpg

It's like GM had this clean Chevy design and they keep adding bumps and lumps and bulges to it, until they've got, basically, a 1998 Silverado with elephantiasis.

And still the square wheel wells.

Makes sense really. The current Silverado was designed to take cues from the early 90's GM trucks. So this continues the same trend.

Did they make the hood "dome" larger than the previous update? For some reason it looks taller in the update than before. I'm guessing it's just the angle of the shot and/or the color.

I think the update looks "OK". But it looks too much like the old Chevy shown above.

That part I'm struggling with the article is "mean" and "tougher". The big bold grille of the Raptor, or even the butt ugly RAM Rebel looks "tougher or mean" than the Chevy. At least those have a love it or hate it look. Chevy just updated the look with LED's and single projector beams.

Did they make the hood "dome" larger than the previous update? For some reason it looks taller in the update than before. I'm guessing it's just the angle of the shot and/or the color.

I think the update looks "OK". But it looks too much like the old Chevy shown above.

That part I'm struggling with the article is "mean" and "tougher". The big bold grille of the Raptor, or even the butt ugly RAM Rebel looks "tougher or mean" than the Chevy. At least those have a love it or hate it look. Chevy just updated the look with LED's and single projector beams.

Yeah, I think the dome is slightly taller. Coupled with the rake of the front edge of the hood, it gives it the illusion that it's even taller.

As for "tough," I'm guessing they feel that way because the headlights are slimmer, giving it that more "squinting" or aggressive look. At least that's how I interpret it.

That's a great looking truck in my opinion. As much as it pains me, I really prefer that, or the current version, to the new F150. The F150 just does not do much for me. Not terrible, just doesn't make me want to go get one. IMO all of them have fascias that are awkwardly low for a truck. (The quest for MPGs, I get it...). Now the Raptor is a different story, Ford hit a home run with that!!

I agree with you PRM. I have been underwhelmed by the exterior styling of the all new F150. :confused: The other day I had the Super Duty in for an oil change, and the salesman showed me a Limited F150 just purchased waiting to be picked up. He was griping about the fog lights being halogen on a vehicle loaded with LED lighting. I must admit, it looked pathetic after seeing the LED lights lit up on it. :swear:

I think the refresh looks awesome compared to what it did look like. I always thought Chevy was the worst of the 2 (Chevy vs GM) regarding front ends. The only thing I do not like about it is the body color area between the two LED strips. It looks off to me...