Car Wash

Oh and how many million of vehicles by now have some sort of body panel made of aluminum..obviously just an isolated incident. But on another point, mast antenna, in 2016? Really? I thought we did away with that some time ago....

Yeah, I still don't understand why trucks still have mast antennas.

Don't care what sign they have, the car wash would be responsible for OEM equipment.. not aftermarket

Maybe on the first one. But I think if they have a sign that says no Aluminum F150's. You're on your own. But the car wash operator should tell the F150 owner his on his own for damages.

I bet the sign says to remove all antennas.

Leaving the antenna on is asking for trouble. Every attended car wash I've ever gone to removed the antenna. I usually wash my own vehicles, but when I had a Tremor, I got a shorty antenna because the regular one would hit the door pulling into my garage.

It's been 20 years since I had a car with an Arial, I'm surprised the F-150 still has one.

But I tend to agree that a car wash should not be responsible for something like this, I've never been to a carwash that doesn't warn you about this. Ford needs to join the rest of the 21st century and eliminate the antenna which other truck makers managed to do already.

Edited by BORG

I bet the sign says to remove all antennas.

Every car wash I go to has one. I've always taken them off the car because I thought this very thing could happen if I didn't. Once I did forget to take the antenna off and I was sweating watching the car go through!... but the car went through okay.

We do realize that all the people concerned that Ford has the upper hand with the aluminum bodies will grasp at anything to cut them down?

That is until they themselves come up with their own aluminum body then it will be like the "second coming".

There are leaders and there are followers. Who ya gonna be?

From pictures I've seen. Ram and Chevy still have antennas on fender

Yes sir, you are correct, all full size pickup truck models (F-150, Ram, Silverado, Sierra, Tundra, Titan) and Nissan Frontier still use fender mounted whip antennas for AM/FM radio.

Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon use a FUBA style "shorty" antenna mounted on the roof.

4kvcw3.jpg

Honda Ridgeline and Toyota Tacoma use sharkfin combo antennas also mounted on the roof.

2qj9flg.jpg

96kg9t.jpg

The roof mounted antennas should be car wash friendly.