2019 Ram 1500

Anthony

I don't think so-you can sell 2019 models right now and they won't be producing them from what i understand until after January 1, 2019-so I think they will make these as 2020 models? Maybe I missed something-you pay way more attention to some of this stuff than I do:)

Depending on which video you watch or article you read, some say possibly late 2018 and others say early 2019.

In that 3 way photo comparo, the Chevy is ass ugly. Personal preference between the Ford and Ram, I still like the Ford (too many years of loyalty). I agree with everyone who posted that Chevy is going to have problems with the Ram in the sales race.

I would take the F150 then the Ram then the Silverado. I just do not like how GMs feel inside. I dont like the switches and the shifters. Even when I was a kid and grew up in a mainly Chevy family. Every time I was in a ford/Lincoln/mercury product I was impressed how much better it felt compared to my folks Chevy truck and cadillacs. Biggest thing that got me about gm was the clunky ignition switch and awful turn signals.

I know times have changed a lot. But GMs just have a feel that I just dont like. Im sure they are a fine product but just dont care to put my money on one.

As far as Ram is concerned the 90s-2000s ram were so poorly built I wouldnt own one. Now since the 4th generation has gotten so much better design wise. I might give it a shot. One thing is for sure around here. Used rams are significantly cheaper than the others. Some

Good deals to be had.

Edited by fordtech1
  • Like 1

That top view Surround camera system sounds bizarre as hell.. Not sure how they do that without your own personal drone but sounds cool if it works.

Overall it's a great looking truck, Dodge did a good job.

It’s probably the same one on my MKX. It uses the rear view camera, cameras in each side mirror and the front camera to generate what appears to be a top down view. It works quite well. No drone needed.

• Like 2

That top view Surround camera system sounds bizarre as hell.. Not sure how they do that without your own personal drone but sounds cool if it works.

Ford has had that for years and it is pretty cool. It just uses all the cameras and stitches the images together in a single birds-eye-view image. It makes parking a gigantic Super Duty a breeze!

Ford has had that for years and it is pretty cool. It just uses all the cameras and stitches the images together in a single birds-eye-view image. It makes parking a gigantic Super Duty a breeze!

Unless your wife forgets to look at it and F’s up the wheel on the curb..........

It is a cool and useful feature and it does look like it is from aerial view. My kids refer to it as our satellite view.

All navigation, Wi-Fi, radio and SiriusXM tasks are handled by a new shark fin antenna – making the new 2019 Ram 1500 the first full-size truck without a mast antenna.

Hooray to FCA for this advancement! :thumbsup:

Maybe Ford, GM, Toyota, and Nissan will join the 21st century and soon follow FCA's lead. Full size pickup trucks seem to be the only light vehicle segment still using ugly mast antennas these days.

I have the regular mast on my 2017. I guess Ive never put much thought into the antenna and dont really care one way or the other. If it didnt have the antenna i would be fine with it as well, but it is another one of those things that would not impact my buying decision.

Look closer, the antenna was removed for the picture (very common in promo shots for cars). The stub is still at the base of the A-pillar on the fender.

Here's what it actually looks like. The shark fin must just be for satellite.

55f873bb2c56209e36fb002649295e7c.jpg

Hmm. My dad's 2017 doesn't have the fin on the roof.....couldn't they at least center it?

I dont have a problem with it myself, but I do see it as a sign that Ford still thinks its 1995 in a lot of ways.

The bizarre thing is - it's only the trucks that keep the antenna. Literally every other product has gone to a fin or something similar. Why the trucks retain the regular one is beyond me.