UAW Demands 46% Pay Hike

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My whole argument is why has the 1 percent had their pay go up so much while the rest of us stayed stagnant? 

The correct answer was depicted in video your labor union released last week. 

Edited by akirby
Removed bullshit propaganda video

6 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

So why would they release something that’s looks like crap???

Not so much as it looks like crap but more like it doesn't fit the market norms that Ford styling has.

I think the Tesla X and Y look like bloated ticks, but they sell

The Cybertruck might be another example also. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Not so much as it looks like crap but more like it doesn't fit the market norms that Ford styling has.

I think the Tesla X and Y look like bloated ticks, but they sell

The Cybertruck might be another example also. 

And some great examples of market appeal issues

The Ford BEV could do with a body more in keeping with Ford buyer expectations

Tesla quirky styling is a signature of the brand and something buyers know makes their vehicles stand out (like early Prius) 

The Cybertruck takes that unique, quirky styling to another level, deliberately Avantgarde 

On 10/13/2023 at 11:53 AM, akirby said:

What part of FREE was confusing?  They don’t get FREE health care they have to pay for part of it.  That still costs the company money along with their other benefits.

Just an FYI....I pay for my health care as well as part of well negotiated union contract.

23 hours ago, rperez817 said:

So much for union solidarity. ?

Fuzzy has every right to be frustrated as far as I’m concerned. It’s time for a deal not anymore of these videos. Strike pay isn’t enough and overplaying your hand is stupid at this point.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jpd80 said:

And some great examples of market appeal issues

The Ford BEV could do with a body more in keeping with Ford buyer expectations

Tesla quirky styling is a signature of the brand and something buyers know makes their vehicles stand out (like early Prius) 

The Cybertruck takes that unique, quirky styling to another level, deliberately Avantgarde 

Like I said I hope that they can sell. Ford has to be competitive in the styling department too. Farley projecting 200,000 sales of this and the Lincoln crossover??? God I hope he’s right. When we had our online zoom ratification meeting they mentioned a possible third product down the line at OAC. I can’t see that being anything else other than another version of what’s already there. I suppose maybe we will see what these things look like sometime in 2024 one would think.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

Like I said I hope that they can sell. Ford has to be competitive in the styling department too. Farley projecting 200,000 sales of this and the Lincoln crossover??? God I hope he’s right. When we had our online zoom ratification meeting they mentioned a possible third product down the line at OAC. I can’t see that being anything else other than another version of what’s already there. I suppose maybe we will see what these things look like sometime in 2024 one would think.

There’s no way 200k happens, especially if one of those models is a Lincoln. Lincoln doesn’t even sell 100k as a company, so that would mean the ford version would probably need sales around 160-180k to meet the 200k goal. With the controversial styling, that doesn’t seem likely. Besides f150, the explorer is the only vehicle ford sells that pulls those numbers.
Also consider that the more budget friendly escape and bronco sport only sell slightly more than 200k a year combined. 

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

There’s no way 200k happens, especially if one of those models is a Lincoln. Lincoln doesn’t even sell 100k as a company, so that would mean the ford version would probably need sales around 160-180k to meet the 200k goal. With the controversial styling, that doesn’t seem likely. Besides f150, the explorer is the only vehicle ford sells that pulls those numbers.
Also consider that the more budget friendly escape and bronco sport only sell slightly more than 200k a year combined. 

I totally agree, we don’t even build 200000 Edge Nautilus anymore. When the Flex and Mkt were around we hit over 200000 but not now. ESPECIALLY since 2020 and covid and microchip shortages. By 2025 at least EV adoption should increase and these are gen 2 products so I hope for the best. I see a lot of work maybe in the beginning to get them to market then after they who knows. I still don’t understand what the hell they’re trying to do if the styling is controversial. To me that means it’s damn ugly lol. Ford ain’t Tesla and can’t get away with making ugly Cybertruck or bubble looking somewhat stylish crossovers. To anyone who has seen these vehicles are they better than our Edge and Nautilus?? If not, STEP BACKWARDS! 

• Like 2

Just watched and... 

He looks stressed and tired! of course... What a time...

He did say they offered the UAW a record contract, but I don't really know what that means without them sharing the details of said contract. 

Sigh, still rooting for the UAW, and our American automakers.

Edited by Willwll313wll

7 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Just watched and... 

I feel like nothing was said. He looks extremely stressed and tired though!

He did say they offered the UAW a record contract, but I don't really know what that means without them sharing the details of said contract. 

The details of Ford’s most recent offer have been out for 2 weeks 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Just watched and... 

I feel like nothing was said. He looks extremely stressed and tired though!

It’s already been widely publicized no need to repeat details.  It’s a record deal and best in the industry.

The point is to garner both public support and support within the UAW to end the strike.

8 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

So basically Bill just said that if the UAW doesn't get real, they are going to go away real fast along with all the other domestic manufacturers as the supply base collapses and they have to close plants due to inability to invest and compete.

Anything beyond the current offer will prevent them from competing with Tesla, Toyota, Kia, the Chinese, etc. and a prolonged strike will devastate the supplier base in addition to the other local businesses.  100% true.

• Like 2

Without speculating, I am not sure how far are they are from what the UAW is demanding. I also wonder what these increases will ACTUALLY cost Ford, taking into account Ford having $24 billion in profits last year. By comparison (Not that I think it's a completely fair one), Tesla's profit was half that over the same time period.

Edited by Willwll313wll

8 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Without speculating, I am not sure how far are they are from what the UAW is demanding. I also wonder what these increases will ACTUALLY cost Ford.

Union is still demanding defined benefit pensions and guaranteed UAW representation and wages at the 4 new battery plants that aren’t even on line yet.  

• Like 1