superduty refresh

They mention the pictures show Ford continuing the tradition of manually locking front hubs. I know they have been there in the past, but I didn't think they have been for several years - have they? I think it would make a lot of people happy to have them again as it helps gas mileage.

They mention the pictures show Ford continuing the tradition of manually locking front hubs. I know they have been there in the past, but I didn't think they have been for several years - have they? I think it would make a lot of people happy to have them again as it helps gas mileage.

I always get manual locking hubs. By the time you need them, the last thing you want is some electric failure on your "Flip a switch in the cab" system to keep you from locking the front hubs.

IMHO

Edited by DUCKRACER

There's not much to see on this mule that I can tell, except maybe the grille. The headlights and taillights are the same as the current model's.

the hood is likely different due to the bigger scorpion. the headlights and taillights might not have changed but i'll bet the fenders and bed are changed.

heres to hoping the interior gets revamped

the hood is likely different due to the bigger scorpion. the headlights and taillights might not have changed but i'll bet the fenders and bed are changed.

Yeah, I understand that...I remember the mules months ago with the misaligned hoods pointing to the Scorpion. I'm just saying you can't really tell much from this mule, other than the Super Chief-inspired grille.

I always get manual locking hubs. By the time you need them, the last thing you want is some electric failure on your "Flip a switch in the cab" system to keep you from locking the front hubs.

IMHO

The vacuum system on the F-150 series hubs stinks. They are prone to moisture entering the system. This causes either the IWE or actuator to "freeze". Vacuum = 2wd...no vacuum=4x4

What was wrong with the Interior? Looked good to me...reminded me of power tools with better plastic :lol:

Though reading the comments on there that people make has lowered my IQ with their stupid remarks...but then again every since website that has them has nothing but idoits posting them, expect maybe Space.com, which has way too smart geeks that can at least make sense of their arugments LOL

The super duty has automatic vacuum hubs with a manual lock override. The hubs have two positions Auto and lock. It uses a electric vacuum pump and resivoir with a solenoid to activate them. However, if needed, you can go to each hub and manualy lock the hubs.

Edited by fordtech1

My '08 has the "manual" hubs, and the manual transfer case.

I don't understand any issues with the interior............... it really is rather wonderful. I hope they stick with the "real truck" look interior, and never go the way of GM................. with their "Impala car" look interior in the trucks.

I love my truck............... from the way it looks, inside and out................ to the quiet, user friendly interior............... to the fantastic leather on the seats..................... to the way it is built like a brick shithouse.

Frankly, I can't think of anything I don't like about it................ at all.

The super duty has automatic vacuum hubs with a manual lock override. The hubs have two positions Auto and lock. It uses a electric vacuum pump and resivoir with a solenoid to activate them. However, if needed, you can go to each hub and manualy lock the hubs.

only for engaging 4x4 Low.....

Go to any Ford Truck website and you are guaranteed to find people there trying to troubleshoot their broken/stuck/malfunctioning Electronic Shift on the Fly (ESOF) four wheel drive system. Shift motors, vacuum lines, seals, relays, solenoids, etc. cause so many problems.

People who use their trucks for real work and not just for when an inch of snow falls on the ground can't tolerate the problems with these systems and the expensive repair costs. If you don't understand when you need to lock your hubs then you probably shouldn't be out in the snow anyways.

I saw this truck in person well at least on the big screen when I was in dearborn at a dealer meeting. It is very nice. The inside is still Super Duty BFT and the style is really well done. Think of the 2007 and 2008 mixed up with more refinement. Overall looks great!!!

is the interior still like the current SD. or is it more like the new f150's interior

Go to any Ford Truck website and you are guaranteed to find people there trying to troubleshoot their broken/stuck/malfunctioning Electronic Shift on the Fly (ESOF) four wheel drive system. Shift motors, vacuum lines, seals, relays, solenoids, etc. cause so many problems.

People who use their trucks for real work and not just for when an inch of snow falls on the ground can't tolerate the problems with these systems and the expensive repair costs. If you don't understand when you need to lock your hubs then you probably shouldn't be out in the snow anyways.

People that use their 4 wheel drive regularly don't have any issues outside the norm. You have to switch into 4 wd periodically to keep it working properly...not just when an inch of snow falls.

What's wrong with the current SD's interior? It looks great all around.

Actually, go to any truck site and you'll notice this is a problem.

I'll admit I've seen it for basically every make/model, but it is not nearly as common a problem as the 90's were when many manufacturers switched from manuel to electronic locking hubs.

On the images, I kind of like how that grille bars look to align with the head light assembly. Looks like they used the F150 tow-mirrors instead of what they currently use on the SD's. Have no complaints so far, but then again still has tons of camo.