Ford August 2010 Sales Figure Discussion

Aww, Camaro outsold Mustang again this month. Good to see the back-and-forth though. It will make both vehicles better if it continues. Starting to look like it'll be the first year Camaro outsells the Mustang since I want to say 1993.

For August,

Camaro was 6,321 which is down from 8,680 last year (-27.2%)

Mustang was 5,570 which is down from 6,289 last year (-11.4%)

it looks like Camaro is suffering more swing in its numbers than the Mustang and I agree, it's good to see both go back and forth with lead month by month. Fingers crossed that Mustang will get enough sales to go past Camaro in the final two quarters....

In general, sales for Ford look to be fairly robust and the strengthening of F truck, E series and Panther sales is a sign that Fleets are coming back to the market. I think that Ford will do reasonably well in this area as the product mix with its cars tends to favor private buyers and balance out the equation, not that the Trucks are that bad mind you but whenever the

F Truck get up around 50,000 sales, you know that Ford is starting to get on its feet and doing OK financially...

Edited by jpd80

If you check the dealer inventory around where I live, it usually shows each dealer with 3-4 Fiestas. Drive down to take a look see, and they don;t have them on the lot,

I didnt even use the Ford site. I drive past the Ford dealers here regularly since they are around places that I go often, and all I saw yesterday was one.

Couple comments. I see Tauruses often in San Francisco. And not rentals. Full on LTD and SHO Tauruses. It's a city where parking that big of a car is a pain. The Taurus has done wonders for Ford.

I have seen a few Fiestas. The nearby dealers are definitely working through their stock and getting refreshed. I'm hoping to get one in the next 6 months.

Couple comments. I see Tauruses often in San Francisco. And not rentals. Full on LTD and SHO Tauruses. It's a city where parking that big of a car is a pain. The Taurus has done wonders for Ford.

In the past couple weeks I've been seeing more and more them...there was a period of time I was seeing at least 2 different ones a day.

I didnt even use the Ford site. I drive past the Ford dealers here regularly since they are around places that I go often, and all I saw yesterday was one.

You got that right...big difference between virtual reality and reality in real world. Ford dealers have gone through their stock of a few Fiestas on average and now are waiting to be refreshed. I believe Ford had 10,000 preorders on the Fiesta and not even 10,000 have been shipped yet. Add in orders since it first shipped and there are probably another 5,000-10,000 customers still waiting for theirs to show up before Fall arrives.

It all comes down to location for the Fiesta (to me at least). Me and the girlfriend were really excited about one ses we saw at the local dealer . They supposedly had three hatches. All gone.

Another small dealer had three hatches , the loaded one is gone and the other is the lime squeeze (guess no one likes it) and a ses in black with no extra options. So far the local dealers seem to have a hard time moving the sedans which for some reason they ordered more of (dummies).

I had to search a dealer in CROSBY texas (I'm in Houston) to see a nice se with the sport appearance package in red. They're farther out and seem to have many hatches. See the difference in city and country ? :shades:

Alas we might just end up with a loaded ses focus . It might be too much hassle to travel all that way :cry:

Oh and will add I too havent seen any of the Fiestas on the road but have seen an amazing amount of Taurus' on the road an even a couple of SHOs :ohsnap:

Edited by Retrospect87

It all comes down to location for the Fiesta (to me at least). Me and the girlfriend were really excited about one ses we saw at the local dealer . They supposedly had three hatches. All gone.

Another small dealer had three hatches , the loaded one is gone and the other is the lime squeeze (guess no one likes it) and a ses in black with no extra options. So far the local dealers seem to have a hard time moving the sedans which for some reason they ordered more of (dummies).

I had to search a dealer in CROSBY texas (I'm in Houston) to see a nice se with the sport appearance package in red. They're farther out and seem to have many hatches. See the difference in city and country ? :shades:

Alas we might just end up with a loaded ses focus . It might be too much hassle to travel all that way :cry:

Oh and will add I too havent seen any of the Fiestas on the road but have seen an amazing amount of Taurus' on the road an even a couple of SHOs :ohsnap:

I live in Houston as well (Tomball actually) and I too have been seeing a lot of Taurus's and Flex's lately. I also have not seen a single Fiesta on the road yet.

I visited a Mazda dealership today to take a friends car in for service, they had 15 Mazda2s there...I played with it a bit, eh, the front face doesnt do anything for me. The Fiesta has a much better looking and expressive front fascia while the Mazda2, just seems boring and conservative mostly. She pointed out the fact "Hm why does this smaller one cost more than the Mazda3 thats bigger"...so I had to explain to her why that was. She thought it was a cute "deathtrap"...

Cash4Clunkers has affected mainly the models that Ford sold well during that time. Escape, Focus, Fusion primarily. If you think it was eh, lackluster for Ford, check out Toyota where their beloved Corolla took a -50% plunge, Camry -42%...I'm sure the recalls, so many to count though, I can't keep track of them all... thru a few digits into that mix.

Noticed many ran out and bought the land Grand Marquis...MKT and MKS sales are abysmal. MKS is getting old and tired so a refresh should be coming shortly, but the MKT has lackluster sales for a new vehicle....

For comparison, Audi's Q7 sold 560 units (representing a 42% increase), compared to 609 for MKT, a 49 unit difference.....do you consider the Q7 to also have lackluster sales?

I am not sure about the Flex.

It'd help if they'd advertise the thing - a lot of people still don't know it even exists.

They can't sell what they don't have.

Weren't you one of the ones arguing against the same comments Dean made about the Flex and it's sales?

If you check the dealer inventory around where I live, it usually shows each dealer with 3-4 Fiestas. Drive down to take a look see, and they don;t have them on the lot,

I've found those are generally not accurate - many times they'll show a vehicle that's en route to the dealer and it therefore isn't actually on the lot, or the vehicle will have already been sold or something like that.

On a side note: I've yet to actually see a Fiesta on the streets.

I've seen a handful (maybe 3-4) running around town, both sedans and hatchbacks.

Yes, Q7 have been horrible as well...But for Audi thats not much of a problem for a vehicle that is sold worldwide, so overall numbers will probably be much higher to justify the existance. For the MKT, we are probably the sole market, if it doesnt sell well, the plug gets pulled.