Lincoln Tweets Navigator Teaser?

I could understand if the 3.5 EB was the only engine available, that would help to minimize costs....

Needless to say, the info on the website is not clear. So it does appear the 3.5EB is the only engine available.

Makes you wonder if the Expy will get the same engine (for costs as you mention), or if it'll receive a "lesser" engine instead of or in addition to the (optional) 3.5EB?

Needless to say, the info on the website is not clear. So it does appear the 3.5EB is the only engine available.

Makes you wonder if the Expy will get the same engine (for costs as you mention), or if it'll receive a "lesser" engine instead of or in addition to the (optional) 3.5EB?

Something has me intrigued though, Ford is saying that the '15 Navigator will have class leading fuel economy, towing and storage room.

Can they get there with just the one engine or do they need a second like EB 27 for that class leading economy ...

Now that would piss GM off, aceing their brand new SUVs without using a Aluminum body.. :)

Edited by jpd80

I could understand if the 3.5 EB was the only engine available, that would help to minimize costs....

If they've done the work to fit the EB35, they've likely done almost all of the work it would take to fit the Coyote, so it shouldn't be that much of an incremental cost--and if there's one vehicle in the lineup that could absorb that hit, it would be the Navigator. And it's not like we're talking about a bunch of mills--they're just skimming a bit off the top of the F150's supply. Heck, the cost savings from discontinuing the 5.4 are probably enough to justify the cost of putting the Coyote in the Navigator...

Edited by SoonerLS

Remember the MKC launch only talked about the 2.3L, but it also got the 2.0L.

Yup. There's no reason for them to talk about everything right now. It's going to be a long time before this "new" Navigator hits the lots, so there's plenty of time to fill in the details. And It's not like you have a choice of engines in the current Navigator--you can have any engine you want, as long as it's the 5.4 SOHC.

Would anyone care if the only mill they offered was the Coyote, or is there just wailing and gnashing of teeth because the EB35 is short two cylinders?

Yup. There's no reason for them to talk about everything right now. It's going to be a long time before this "new" Navigator hits the lots, so there's plenty of time to fill in the details. And It's not like you have a choice of engines in the current Navigator--you can have any engine you want, as long as it's the 5.4 SOHC.

Would anyone care if the only mill they offered was the Coyote, or is there just wailing and gnashing of teeth because the EB35 is short two cylinders?

Would be nice to see the 6.2L popped in there as well as 3.2L Powerstroke...but Navi needs to go on a similar diet akin to what F-150 just went through...

It would be nice, but if the 6.2 isn't going back in the F150, I wouldn't expect to see it in the Navigator.

Especially at the limited volume of the Navigator. Doubt they'd want to bother to go through the EPA certification regimen for a vehicle that might only sell a couple thousand copies a year. Even the GT500 and Raptor have more volume justification.

I'm guessing the 5.0L is standard, and the 3.5L is optional.

I'm guessing not. EB35 will be standard in Navi, and maybe the only choice. The reason, 5.0 will be std in Expedition and current Lincoln practice is to have unique engine or only take the top engine from its Ford platform mates.

As for 6.2 BOSS, they can add it if they want to, but probably choose not to, IMHO.

If they've done the work to fit the EB35, they've likely done almost all of the work it would take to fit the Coyote, so it shouldn't be that much of an incremental cost--and if there's one vehicle in the lineup that could absorb that hit, it would be the Navigator. And it's not like we're talking about a bunch of mills--they're just skimming a bit off the top of the F150's supply. Heck, the cost savings from discontinuing the 5.4 are probably enough to justify the cost of putting the Coyote in the Navigator...

The cost is not in fitting engines, it's all the calibration and validation work that needs to be done for what is a short run until the new vehicle.

The cost is not in fitting engines, it's all the calibration and validation work that needs to be done for what is a short run until the new vehicle.

True, but if, as has been reported above, they're using it in the Expedition, most of that work will already be done, as well.

I'm very curious now what the new Expy will look like and what Ford nose they will graft onto the front end. It looks like they are preserving the current model quarter panels in the Lincoln so I expect trhe same with the Ford. I'm not a big fan of the current nose. While I like the new F150/Atlas nose, I hope if they use the same headlight concept they pull it off better than the new Suburban version.

I think the 'dot dot dot" LED light is getting old. Its more about light-bars now. Ford was progressive with the Edge (fangs) light bars in the front, same with Fiesta, but this on the NAVI doesnt help things. And the belt-line in the rear looks kinda low and odd looking from rear quarter views.

I think the 'dot dot dot" LED light is getting old. Its more about light-bars now. Ford was progressive with the Edge (fangs) light bars in the front, same with Fiesta, but this on the NAVI doesnt help things. And the belt-line in the rear looks kinda low and odd looking from rear quarter views.

I think I have to agree.....a diffused LED or LED tube looks better to me.

Yep, I'm surprised someone is still coming out with a new "dot" type LED light array for 2015 model. It's moment in the sun has definitely passed.

The reason for the "dots" was because it was significantly cheaper to implement but solid LED light arrays prices have plummeted and even Toyota is using it on cars like Corolla.