Lincoln Tweets Navigator Teaser?

@ RMC : Sorry the quote feature took a dump on my tablet.

You're right about the MKZ and I can't say for sure if the MKC is the same. However, when was the MKZ final design approved? What 2 years ago? MKC, 1.5 to 1 year ago? Maybe the dotted LEDS were the only thing available. I am just guessing here that's all. Either way way, I like them and have no complaints. I can see them aging quickly though.

You're right about the MKZ and I can't say for sure if the MKC is the same. However, when was the MKZ final design approved? What 2 years ago? MKC, 1.5 to 1 year ago? Maybe the dotted LEDS were the only thing available. I am just guessing here that's all. Either way way, I like them and have no complaints. I can see them aging quickly though.

MKC seems leaning more toward the dot look too, at least from pics I quickly looked up.

Perhaps another reason could simply be they can't yet get the shape they're looking for using the LED tubes, so they go with the dot look instead? I don't have evidence for that, but just a guess.

• Like 1

The Fusion tails have the solid LED look, and I would assume it's final design was approved around the same time as the MKZ or even before. We haven't seen a lit up shot at night, so you never know how it's going to look in real life. The MKZ doesn't look bad from the times I remember seeing it. I think the pictures of make it look worse than it does live in person.

Maybe at the time of purhasing parts, the LED 'dot' style was easier for an MCE opposed to a solid bar. Maybe they're saving that for the all new NAVI?

This is the most expensive model in a luxury brand...why would they "save" something for two and a half years, when they should be making a statement.

By the time the all new Navigator is on the lots, some new lighting technology may already be out. In the luxury field, you can't aim for good enough.

The sad thing is I believe the Mark 8 was the first production vehicle to use HID headlights if I remember correctly, and it was also the first to use a Neon-tube for the rear, and I think wwaaayyy in the past, another Lincoln was the first to use some sort of other headlights, I wanna say the composite headlight or such. And they have that cute side "mat" lighting with the Lincoln star...So I expect that type of leadership for lighting. Expecting LED HID or OCD type lighting all around across the board on Lincolns. Just like the Lincoln Drive suspension being standard to differentiate from its Ford cousin.

This is the most expensive model in a luxury brand...why would they "save" something for two and a half years, when they should be making a statement.

Because no amount of bandaids on this ancient product would move the needle too much, it would just further diminish margins. This refresh, which was supposed to have debuted a few years back, was basically a "just enough" jobby to make the 'Gator less embarrassing on the lots for a couple years until the new one arrives.

The new one leaves nothing on the table. Totally badass.

• Like 2

You really need to elaborate if you are going to make a statement like that. :)

Bits and pieces from a few different sources, but they're all more than optimistic about the new one.

Size wise it won't be changing much, but they expect it to compare quite favorably to Range Rover.

Lots of aluminum and "other" lightweight materials, big power, huge gas mileage, and an interior to be "unmatched by any offering", domestic or otherwise.

• Like 4

Bits and pieces from a few different sources, but they're all more than optimistic about the new one.

Size wise it won't be changing much, but they expect it to compare quite favorably to Range Rover.

Lots of aluminum and "other" lightweight materials, big power, huge gas mileage, and an interior to be "unmatched by any offering", domestic or otherwise.

Sounds great haha. Tell us more! :P

• Like 1

Random thoughts.........until Lincoln gives up on full width tail lighting, the Navigator will only appeal to the loyalists. Too much is not classy...... If Ford would seriously put their full size SUV's on an aluminum diet, that segment would awaken. Worn out awaiting new Expedition to replace '08 Expy in garage. Praying it will offer normally aspirated 5.0. Re: EB, turbos make inexpensive power, fewer cubic inches need less fuel, turbos create heat, heat hastens wear. Until forced by CAFE, research technology for direct injected, VCT, normally aspirated V8 and V6. Don't forget modern multi gear auto and dual clutch trans. Add this to weight reduction and market will come. I have an SUV with most if not all the preceding. Though not inexpensive, impressive! I've had a peek at GM's new full size SUV powerfold third row seat.........almost looks like apprentice engineering having to make it clear solid rear axle. Still worth a look.......

C'mon Ford, blow me away with new Expy. It's our household's go to vehicle...........

In this picture from the show the front end looks restrained, almost elegant, if such a term can be used for a truck of this size. Compare this to the blingtastic caddy

Agreed... There are shots where the front clip looks quite handsome.

I just really, really wish there was something that could have been done with the C pillar. That's the biggest dead giveaway of the DLO's age.

In this picture from the show the front end looks restrained, almost elegant, if such a term can be used for a truck of this size. Compare this to the blingtastic caddy

RJ will tell you it is either a bulldog or a mastiff. Anything but elegant. ;)

Please. You're comparing a mastiff and a boxer. Elegance has nothing to do with either of these things.

With a week or so to ingest the pictures and see the videos. It has grown on me. The full shots definitely soften the front end considerably. I do agree that the C-Pillar (and the interior to some extent) is the weak link. But what did we expect for a body that's only going to be around a couple more years.

please report back, grbeck (& with PIX!)

elsewhere there was an article about how the MCE'd Navi wouldN'T be at the DC show,

wouldn't be physically debuted until Chicago;

& I didn't believe it...

...would like to be proven right biggrin.gif

I wish people would stop whining! In this newly released photo, the rear light bar looks pretty impressive lit up in the dark!! Just like all of the other recent lLincolns, even the refreshed MKS and dare I say, MKT, look really cool at night. Lincolns are definitely unique in the lighting department.

BTW, I hate to disappoint those who haven't been yet, but I was at the D.C. show a week ago and the new Navi was NOT there. It will be in Chicago and presumably then in NYC.

post-20193-0-07819800-1391253322_thumb.jpg

Edited by hbalek

This year's refresh of Navigator will give Max Wolff the time needed to transform the next navigator into a work of art.

Wolff will be working with Aluminum body and a full palate of Black Label materials and trims.

Yes we all know it's going to be bad ass but I don't think anyone is ready for the transformation.

Edited by jpd80