2015 Focus Sedan at NYIAS

The front is fine (I didn't really have a complaint about the previous nose), but I still think the tail section lets the rest of the car down in sedan form. The hatch looks much better, IMHO, at least in its current iteration.

True but this version seems to be better than the current sedan rear, although I didn't do an A/B comparison.

The current one looks "hiked up" in the rear as my wife said recently.

If they have any autoshow rebates for the superdutys.. grab one for me, I'll be glad to compensate you if necessary.

I doubt they will have it on Press Days, but I'll check it out. They usually give us useless tchotchkes and stuff. But if I can find it, theres no need to reimburse.

Edited by Intrepidatious

^ aren't autoshow rebates usually only good locally?

Any guesses on whether or not the ST version front end will change much if at all?

okie dokie = just a little

71io6.jpg

save the mind blowing design for the RS

then share that with the ST at its Next refresh

Hope someday the DCT is dropped.

That doesn't look likely. Like it or lump it, I've heard both sides and was an owner of a DCT 1st gen. Took some getting used to certainly but hardly the 'lame duck' it's sometimes claimed.

Nice refresh -- new grille gives it a more refined look. The lower grille on the 2012-2014 had too much black plastic while exuding a "boy racer" image. Classier, toned down interior too. Hatchback looks better than the sedan though.

IMO the "black pack" does not look good on the blue Focus sedan that almost every 'review website' is showing. It would look better in silver or white.

and the 2.0 DI is replaced by the 1.5EB and its 6-speed manual and atuo transmissions

Do you have a reference for that? The only thing I have seen for NA is D20, E10 and no reported changed to the transmissions except a 6 speed manual.

Not to speak for JPD, but I read that as a wish, along with the DCT being dropped.

Oh, to each their own. I have no beef with the DCT, perhaps a wet-clutch package could make it better, maybe not.

Edited by Hugh