BRONCO!

Well, this sounds legit if Autonews is to be believed:

The plan calls for the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne to get a new vehicle in 2018, after the Focus and C-Max leave, and a second model by 2020. Sources have said the new vehicles will be a Ranger pickup and Bronco SUV.

Let the rejoicing and speculation begin!

http://www.autonews.com/article/20151109/OEM01/151109820/ford-uaw-deal-shifts-most-car-output-to-outside-u-s

• Like 1

Read a couple of different articles today both speculating the Ford Everest would be the new Bronco. That is s great looking SUV, and I hope they do bring it here. I like the wife's Explorer (`16) but want a comfortable, RWD/4WD SUV with at least 6500 lb. towing capacity for me. Everest/Endeavor/Bronco would be perfect.

"The latest version of the Troller IS based on the T6."

Um, no. AFAIK, it is its own BOF design, and would require a complete re-design to make it meet collision regs for NA. Too bad, IMHO, it's the right size for when gas goes back up, in another 3-4 years.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-bronco-trolls-on-fords-muscular-troller-t4-for-brazil-is-pretty-bitchin/

Ford-Troller-T4-01-626x382.jpg

"The latest version of the Troller IS based on the T6."

Um, no. AFAIK, it is its own BOF design, and would require a complete re-design to make it meet collision regs for NA. Too bad, IMHO, it's the right size for when gas goes back up, in another 3-4 years.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-bronco-trolls-on-fords-muscular-troller-t4-for-brazil-is-pretty-bitchin/

Ford-Troller-T4-01-626x382.jpg

Nope, the T4 was redesigned onto T6.

Bromco will be "interesting" ! Hard to slot a new SUV between the Escape and the Explorer.

My guess it will be a lot more "off-road" capable (RWD/4WD) to compete with Jeep. Possibly only 2 doors (?)

I am really "jonesing" for a 4 door, short bed Ranger (Sport Trac replacement).

I think it'll have to have a 4-door option to have a viable business case. There just aren't enough 2 door sales out there to be worth it. Not to mention the additional profit potential in a 4 door (higher price tag).

Think Troller for the next Bronco.

And, IMO, the next Ranger. I honestly don't think the Ranger will be the ROW Ranger that many are thinking it will be. I'm thinking it will be smaller and based off the Troller, with gas fuel economy trumping that of the diesel Canyorado.

I agree. My thought for a while there is we'll have 2 and 4 door Broncos with a Bronco "T" being the new "Ranger." Basically the 2 or 4 door Bronco with a bed, instead of the ROW Ranger. Nor would it make sense to me to introduce something other than the ROW Ranger as our "Ranger" after all the work moving to One Ford products around the world.

Considering that the current Ranger was first released as a 2012 model with updates for 2015, it would seem logical that the Ranger we get will be the next generation. What are the chances it will have an aluminum body? Will it get EcoBoost and/or diesel options similar to the Transit? Will Ford enhance or reduce the current gen's off-road capability in an effort to "Americanize" it?

"One Ford" would seem to dictate that whatever version of the Ranger we get will be very similar to what the ROW gets. The current ROW Ranger competes in other markets with similar sized trucks from many different manufacturers including GM, Toyota, Nissan and VW. What reason would Ford have to change that strategy?

Considering that the current Ranger was first released as a 2012 model with updates for 2015, it would seem logical that the Ranger we get will be the next generation. What are the chances it will have an aluminum body? Will it get EcoBoost and/or diesel options similar to the Transit? Will Ford enhance or reduce the current gen's off-road capability in an effort to "Americanize" it?

"One Ford" would seem to dictate that whatever version of the Ranger we get will be very similar to what the ROW gets. The current ROW Ranger competes in other markets with similar sized trucks from many different manufacturers including GM, Toyota, Nissan and VW. What reason would Ford have to change that strategy?

Again-what has ALWAYS been the issue IMO.. The T-6 Ranger is too close in size to the 150. And 150 sales are the sacred Cow!

Again-what has ALWAYS been the issue IMO.. The T-6 Ranger is too close in size to the 150. And 150 sales are the sacred Cow!

Maybe ord has softener that view after seeing the relative success of GM's Colorado/Canyon

and its mostly Crew Cab sales mix, actually filling in a price area created by F150's higher ATPs.

Maybe Ford not focusing on Ranger = cheap trucks anymore.....

Edited by jpd80