Mach 1 - High Performance BEV SUV - NAIAS 2018

This was my thoughts exactly

How about some pics? The 69 and 70 Mach 1s are my favorite mustangs.

Be careful what you ask for. This google album is from start to where I left off when I moved from OH to PA. I'm still trying to finish my building in PA so the Mach 1 has been on hold. Everything you see here I did myself in my two-car garage in OH with the exception of the finish painting and installing the black stripes. Major items still remaining are installing the 428, 4-speed toploader and exhaust as well as the frontend trim (grille, bumper, etc.). The black interior and Grabber Blue exterior colors are correct for this car. Still have not made a final decision on wheels and tires.

If anyone is curious as to why I went to all this effort it is because this car has a Q as the fifth character in the VIN which denotes a non ram air 428 Cobra Jet. According to Kevin Marti there were only 320 1970 Mach 1's built with this engine and transmission combination. It's not completely stock but I am building it the way I want and most of the changes can be undone without much drama. Let me know if the link works. Sorry for hijacking the thread. :)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TAE2aEs09xnfCrQc2

Edited by blksn8k2
  • Like 1

I disagree.

maxresdefault.jpg

Everyone IS talking about it. Whether we like the wait or not, it is pretty much known the Bronco is coming out.

What does pretty much every article about the new Wrangler have in common? Mention of the Ford Bronco that's coming to challenge it.

Frustrating, but smart.

• Like 1

After driving my brother-in-law's Tesla Model S when I was in California a couple of weeks ago, I would welcome a BEV Performance SUV from Ford. Style it as a cross between a Mustang & a BMW X6 and I'll be first in line, regardless of what the call it.

This. I had been thinking of a Bronco, but this BEV has definitely piqued my interest.....especially if they'll be coming out around the same time.

• Like 1

Note the exec in that photo. Was Joe Henrichs in evidence at the show this year?

Was he the guy who said last year that they weren't afraid to compete with themselves? ;)

Seriously though, in his new roll he may no longer be as directly involved with North American product as he was then. From the Ford Media Center:

Joe Hinrichs is executive vice president and president of Global Operations, Ford Motor Company, effective June 1, 2017. In this role, he is responsible for overseeing Ford’s global Product Development; Manufacturing and Labor Affairs; Quality; Purchasing; and Sustainability, Environmental and Safety Engineering. He reports to Jim Hackett, Ford president and CEO.
Previously, Hinrichs served as executive vice president and president, The Americas, a position he held since Dec. 1, 2012. In this role, he was responsible for leading all aspects of Ford’s North American and South American business units.

Everyone IS talking about it. Whether we like the wait or not, it is pretty much known the Bronco is coming out.

What does pretty much every article about the new Wrangler have in common? Mention of the Ford Bronco that's coming to challenge it.

Frustrating, but smart.

While I'm very interested in the Bronco, I would not wait for the unknown. It will probably be a disappointment anyway. No 2 door, no V8......