What's your favorite modern Ford color?

Are they still doing Ruby Red? I liked that one on the mustangs.

Painted my '95 F350 deep impact blue, but I think that one has been gone for a while.
FB_IMG_1454782619621.thumb.jpg.9986606e1984b15847241f5491a90143.jpg
'96 F350 got hok brandywine, but it's similar to what ruby red was/is, maybe a touch darker, but similar flops in sunlight.430012359_663359779201755_4996052747722579832_n.thumb.jpg.c173b14ab754704e3dc2201c4af8d8a7.jpg

Velocity Blue is awesome.

If I can throw my biased answer in as well it would be Chroma Cabernet that my Vinyard themed MKZ has.  It's a shame they didn't keep this BL theme going cause the color is gorgeous and has a lot of depth to it.  It really sticks out in a sea of gray black and white. 

Atlas Blue! It bears some resemblance to Velocity and Lightning Blue. Agree with jod on that color on the Everest. We saw several Everests in that color on a recent trip to NZ.

Edited by Alex D.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cbramsey said:

I have two favorite modern Ford colors.   Presently, we just picked up a 2024 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Azure Gray Metallic.

My other favorite modern Ford color is Ruby Red Metallic.

IMG_1478.jpg

Very nice, Azure appears to be a reworking of Area 51, slightly darker with some metallic flake thrown in. If I'm being completely honest, I've thought about getting our maverick painted that color years and years from now when the original paint is faded and crappy. I like it more under direct sunlight than I do Area 51. 

I wish they would get more gutsy with the colors like Dodge did with the Challenger but I suppose Ford buyers are not the same market. And offer the colors on the base trim levels not just the super expensive ones.

On 4/26/2024 at 8:13 AM, jpd80 said:

For me, it’s Lightning Blue, Everest looks great in it too…

ford-everest-MY2023-3.png

Nice color. Blue Lightning is also available on the Asia-Pacific Ranger and Ranger Raptor.

Another Blue I like, Blue Metallic/ True Blue Metallic as seen on the Ford Territory. 
ford-territory-2024.jpg

Edited by AM222

Carbonized Grey is really sharp, especially with a fresh wax job as the metal flake pops. 

I'm a big fan of the Rapid Red that we have on the Mach-E.

Antimatter Blue is awesome as well, especially the way it changes colors with different lighting.  But dam is it hard to keep clean!  I wish I had kept my original color of Carbonized Grey instead of changing to AB.

The new Eruption Green is pretty sharp looking as well, and glad to see them bringing back a nice green.

Personally, I think GM has the best colors.  The deep red that Mazda has (not sure the color) is very sharp too.

Some vehicles look better in certain colors, but my preferred preference has traditionally been white. One of the exceptions was my last Mustang Demo which was Iconic Silver. It was absolutely beautiful with the richest tones I'd ever seen for a silver vehicle. 

1FA6P8TH5L5142573_01_Demo_Eli's.jpg

1FA6P8TH5L5142573_02_Demo_Eli's.jpg

1FA6P8TH5L5142573_03_Demo_Eli's.jpg

1FA6P8TH5L5142573_04_Demo_Eli's.jpg

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

screen-shot-2022-07-21-at-8-01-22-pm-pngI’m not a huge fan of bright colors. My last few vehicles have been carbonized gray, silver or white. Area 51 looks good on a cloudy day, but I like it a bit less when it’s sunny. I like eruption green and shelter green, but may favorite color is lead foot gray. I remember seeing this pic a while back and thought this was the perfect looking bronco.

24 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Something about that design always looked like Ford's take on the Chrysler 300 shape to me, always liked it, especially in that color. Have thought about buying one of those, a sho maybe, but I don't know if they're reliable or not. 

Well it was influenced by this:

Ford Interceptor concept was the Blue Oval muscle car we deserved - CNETFord Interceptor concept was the Blue Oval muscle car we deserved - CNET

The tail lights and greenhouse are nearly identical to the 2010+ Taurus. The headlights not so much and the Bic grill was more of a Fusion thing. 

Biggest issue with the SHO is the PTU and Water Pump. I had about 100K on mine before I sold it before getting the Bronco, but the last year or two I didn't do much driving because of COVID. I was worried about the water pump taking a shit on me right before I sold it. So if you get one, I'd say be proactive and replace it if it has over 75K and is a few years old. My biggest complaint about the SHO was it was way too freaking long for my likes. I don't think I'll ever own a car that is longer then a 190 inches or so...the SHO was 202in long I think 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Well it was influenced by this:

Ford Interceptor concept was the Blue Oval muscle car we deserved - CNETFord Interceptor concept was the Blue Oval muscle car we deserved - CNET

The tail lights and greenhouse are nearly identical to the 2010+ Taurus. The headlights not so much and the Bic grill was more of a Fusion thing. 

Biggest issue with the SHO is the PTU and Water Pump. I had about 100K on mine before I sold it before getting the Bronco, but the last year or two I didn't do much driving because of COVID. I was worried about the water pump taking a shit on me right before I sold it. So if you get one, I'd say be proactive and replace it if it has over 75K and is a few years old. My biggest complaint about the SHO was it was way too freaking long for my likes. I don't think I'll ever own a car that is longer then a 190 inches or so...the SHO was 202in long I think 

100% though I think they slanted the inside of the light lights to reference the 2nd gen Taurus.  I remember there was a video with the lead designer of the Taurus saying they wanted to give a nod to the 2nd gen Taurus since it was the best selling car in the US during that run.

3 hours ago, fordmantpw said:

Carbonized Grey is really sharp, especially with a fresh wax job as the metal flake pops. 

I'm a big fan of the Rapid Red that we have on the Mach-E.

Antimatter Blue is awesome as well, especially the way it changes colors with different lighting.  But dam is it hard to keep clean!  I wish I had kept my original color of Carbonized Grey instead of changing to AB.

The new Eruption Green is pretty sharp looking as well, and glad to see them bringing back a nice green.

Personally, I think GM has the best colors.  The deep red that Mazda has (not sure the color) is very sharp too.

I have the opposite opinion of Antimatter blue - I very much dislike it, and call it "why bother blue", since you need direct sunlight to even know it's blue.  Sadly, that's the only blue currently offered on the Raptor, which makes no sense to me.....but I'm glad we have 5 shades of gray! [/sarcasm]

image.thumb.png.aa84d438b8dffd712bd8bce14c7f5ed0.png