USA Today: Ford Bronco SUV making slow-speed chase back into lineup

There's also the Ridgeline...with a whopping 5000 lb towing capacity for the AWD version.

It just worries me that Ford might try something like that to minimize cannibalization of F-150 sales. Although it would be a pretty drastic departure from One Ford, it could be part of the new region specific direction. The NA market gets a unibody midsize and the rest of the world keeps their BOF midsize. Forget I said that. I wouldn't want to give them any stupid ideas.

There's also the Ridgeline...with a whopping 5000 lb towing capacity for the AWD version.

It just worries me that Ford might try something like that to minimize cannibalization of F-150 sales. Although it would be a pretty drastic departure from One Ford, it could be part of the new region specific direction. The NA market gets a unibody midsize and the rest of the world keeps their BOF midsize. Forget I said that. I wouldn't want to give them any stupid ideas.

That's GM stupid. I highly doubt Ford would do that.

I like it, though the front end need a bit more work IMO

Yeah, I like the back I came up with more than the front. I admit I had trouble coming up with something that wasn't just copying the Wrangler's round headlights, while still having a Bronco look.

I'm certainly open to suggestions if you have any!

Yeah, I like the back I came up with more than the front. I admit I had trouble coming up with something that wasn't just copying the Wrangler's round headlights, while still having a Bronco look.

One thing I'd do is make the bumper more pronounced...it looks more CUV then SUV looking

I'm a big fan of the ICON Bronco

IMG_9751.jpeg

The 2004 Concept is pretty good also for ideas for the grill/bumper area

Ford-Bronco_Concept-2004-hd.jpg

That's what I'd like to see in the production Bronco

One thing I'd do is make the bumper more pronounced...it looks more CUV then SUV looking

I'm a big fan of the ICON Bronco

IMG_9751.jpeg

The 2004 Concept is pretty good also for ideas for the grill/bumper area

Ford-Bronco_Concept-2004-hd.jpg

That's what I'd like to see in the production Bronco

I did not see it, but my son told me a used Icon sold on ebay for well over 200 g in last day or two. Talk about building a brand!

• Like 1

I did not see it, but my son told me a used Icon sold on ebay for well over 200 g in last day or two. Talk about building a brand!

From what I understand, they charge 150K up-front and that doesn't include the Bronco donor vehicle!

The other interesting thing I noted about the Bronco they showed off a few years ago, they didn't cut the rear wheel well openings on it. From what I understand, quarter panels would get tore up from 4 wheeling they way they are on that truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting info here. Not sure how much of this article is fact, if any, but it does mention that the US version of the Ranger will be a new design and not the current model. Most of what is stated seems to make sense. Also of note is Ford will no longer share the Ranger platform with Mazda.

http://www.motoring.com.au/scoop-ford-australia-leads-bronco-development-104532/

Edited by blksn8k2
  • Like 2

What, no trapezoidal grille? Just kidding. I like your sketches as well. IMO there is more than a little Land Rover in there which is not necessarily a bad thing.

T6 Ranger was designed by Ford, it was an all new design, nothing shared with the previous Mazda BT-50 design.

Ford Asia Pacific in Geelong is already a couple of years into developing the next gen Ranger,

the final MCE on the current T6 Ranger was released earlier this year and will run through

until the new truck arrives in about 15-18 months time for ROW markets, US follows after.

Edited by jpd80

How about Rectangles.... like the last Bronco

1996_ford_bronco_2dr-suv_xlt_fq_oem_1_40

It would be cool if the new Bronco incorporated design cues from the different generations

Some interesting info here. Not sure how much of this article is fact, if any, but it does mention that the US version of the Ranger will be a new design and not the current model. Most of what is stated seems to make sense. Also of note is Ford will no longer share the Ranger platform with Mazda.

http://www.motoring.com.au/scoop-ford-australia-leads-bronco-development-104532/

Mazda will be switching to Isuzu to supply next gen pickup truck. The deal was inked a few month back.

How different are the Fusion and the Mondeo ?

They aren't but the Everest and Bronco are two different vehicles when it comes to marketing.

The Everest is similar to the Expedition in ROW. The Bronco is being developed as a "Wrangler fighter" at least in the US (which would be its biggest market anyways)...there really isn't a case for a mid-sized BOF SUV in the US with building the Everest. I also think that Ford isn't going to slap the Bronco name on a Everest and call it a day...which is a slap in the face to Bronco fans...which I'm assuming is a pretty decent size. I see the Bronco as more of a lifestyle type vehicle then a general market car, which would re-enforce the Wrangler fighter development pushing it.

Styling wouldn't be an issue since its BOF, but I'm talking about how they can make it different enough under the skin/suspension to draw in a different customer for the Bronco outside of the US.

They aren't but the Everest and Bronco are two different vehicles when it comes to marketing.

The Everest is similar to the Expedition in ROW. The Bronco is being developed as a "Wrangler fighter" at least in the US (which would be its biggest market anyways)...there really isn't a case for a mid-sized BOF SUV in the US with building the Everest. I also think that Ford isn't going to slap the Bronco name on a Everest and call it a day...which is a slap in the face to Bronco fans...which I'm assuming is a pretty decent size. I see the Bronco as more of a lifestyle type vehicle then a general market car, which would re-enforce the Wrangler fighter development pushing it.

Styling wouldn't be an issue since its BOF, but I'm talking about how they can make it different enough under the skin/suspension to draw in a different customer for the Bronco outside of the US.

​Ford might also sell the next Everest in the U.S. to go with the 4 Runner, Grand Cherokee, and go after the Towing/Family group. While it would look like a huge amount of SUV's it actually makes sense.

​Ecosport - First car, Value, commuter (1000 lbs towing)

​Escape - main stream everyday, single, small family, senior, (3500 lbs towing)

​Edge - personal luxury, DINK, younger retiree (3500lbs towing)

​Everest - 1-2 kid Family, outdoor, retiree that travels, towing (7000lbs towing)

​Explorer - 1-3 kid family, non-off road, luxury (5000lbs towing)

​Expedition - 2-4 kid Large family, Luxury, heavy towing (10,000lbs towing)

​Bronco 2 Door - Single, divorced, gay, off road -- Personal Sport (3000lbs towing)

​Bronco 4 Door - 1-2 kid Family Sport, off road (4,000lbs towing)

​Bronco will be a world car and is being developed in RHD, it will be sold in world markets with the Everest. I could see the 2 Bronco's and Everest using wheel bases from the Ranger and just adapted to top hats. The 4 vehicles could be as must as 80%+ common parts.