2022 Ford Maverick Pickup thread

Lavien

27 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Any idea on when this will be revealed? With the "leaks" I would assume this would happen in the next week or two.

Also, wondering if this will receive a Badlands model, using the special bits from the BS?

With the Santa Cruz being revealed on 4/15, i would think it would be a good opportunity for ford to show off the maverick around that time as well and try to steal some of Hyundai’s thunder.

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Any idea on when this will be revealed? With the "leaks" I would assume this would happen in the next week or two.

Also, wondering if this will receive a Badlands model, using the special bits from the BS?

No, it's not a Bronco, so it won't get Bronco trims.

1 hour ago, tbone said:

Do you think the designers were like, “Oh shit, where are we going to put the license plate?”

Probably not quite like that.  But more that they needed the parameters for the other stuff (namely the bumper height and hitch), and the plate just gets pushed to where it'll fit.  The only potential options for that are 1) off centered on the bumper, and 2) on the tailgate with some weird looking flip down thing like the Baja had to be legal if the gate is down.....but that'll drop into the way of the hitch, so even that's not a viable location.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Probably not quite like that.  But more that they needed the parameters for the other stuff (namely the bumper height and hitch), and the plate just gets pushed to where it'll fit.

It's amazing how many things we believe are the result of deep thinking and planning but really aren't.

The 2000 Lincoln LS didn't have a dipstick for the transmission so we all just assumed it was some newfangled tranny and/or fluid that was "sealed for life" or some other innovation.   The engineer said "we didn't have room for it in the V8 engine bay so we just left it off".  :hysterical:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's amazing how many things we believe are the result of deep thinking and planning but really aren't.

The 2000 Lincoln LS didn't have a dipstick for the transmission so we all just assumed it was some newfangled tranny and/or fluid that was "sealed for life" or some other innovation.   The engineer said "we didn't have room for it in the V8 engine bay so we just left it off".  :hysterical:

Yeah, regardless of degrees, knowledge, education, at the end of the day people are people and sometimes you just have to workaround what's there lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tbone said:

Do you think the designers were like, “Oh shit, where are we going to put the license plate?”

In ND, front plates are required.  So the front plants on Ecoboost F150's are off set to allow air flow to the inter-cooler.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

I had an '04 LS.  Always wondered why it didn't have a way to check.  I just made sure to have it changed on schedule.

Ford's allocation and other reports have no listing yet for the Maverick and those forms usually include upcoming new models well before any Job #1 Date. In addition, if Maverick isn't yet included on the allocation forms it won't be part of the new wholesale allocation.

The FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) is where Ford supplies the timetables for the order bank, scheduling and production information. Yesterday's weekly FDNB hasn't been released yet so I won't know if they've added the Maverick until I can see it. 

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Ford's allocation and other reports have no listing yet for the Maverick and those forms usually include upcoming new models well before any Job #1 Date. In addition, if Maverick isn't yet included on the allocation forms it won't be part of the new wholesale allocation.

The FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) is where Ford supplies the timetables for the order bank, scheduling and production information. Yesterday's weekly FDNB hasn't been released yet so I won't know if they've added the Maverick until I can see it. 

I've read at least one article that states Maverick goes into production mid-July. But with the continued chip shortage, who knows. I would imagine it's very hard to keep any plans in place as long as there aren't enough chips to go around. All plans in constant state of flux. For now, looks like available chips go to most profitable vehicles. Sorry Ecosport, Maverick, and Escape. 

10 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I've read at least one article that states Maverick goes into production mid-July. But with the continued chip shortage, who knows. I would imagine it's very hard to keep any plans in place as long as there aren't enough chips to go around. All plans in constant state of flux. For now, looks like available chips go to most profitable vehicles. Sorry Ecosport, Maverick, and Escape. 

I don’t expect Ford will launch Maverick at the same time as Bronco....

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They've already had preproduction units roll

off the line. That means the launch has started. 

Understood but there's absolutely no reference, at least yet, in any of Ford's internal documents about Maverick... nothing in the future sales reports, wholesale allocation reports, the FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) or anywhere else. I also talked to my dealership's VP/GM and he told me that Ford hasn't even mentioned the Maverick at all. With pre-production units rolling off the line and the expected July Job #1 Date (speculation) and all the media coverage, Maverick is the worst kept secret since the Bronco!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They've already had preproduction units roll

off the line. That means the launch has started. 

They started Bronco preproduction builds twelve months ago with an original intended job one in December

ice-capades beat me to it but yeah, there’s none of the tell tale scheduling dates we’d normally see by now.

Ford could launch it early but seems very odd without notifications.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

They started Bronco preproduction builds twelve months ago with an original intended job one in December

ice-capades beat me to it but yeah, there’s none of the tell tale scheduling dates we’d normally see by now.

Ford could launch it early but seems very odd without notifications.

Exactly. There are things that Ford has to do internally (forms, reports, etc.) to prepare for Dealer allocation, scheduling, etc. I just can't believe there will be an actual July Job #1 Date but more likely September or later. 

6 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Is it possible it might launch in Mexico/South America first, hence no mention in U.S. yet?

Hardly. Ford excels at North American pickup experience and sales. Sales expansion to Mexico and South America markets mostly helps production goals and amortizing the investment along with additional profit potential at a reduced rate reflecting smaller sales volume in the foreign (Mexico & South America) markets.   

• Like 1

So when exactly does the production Bronco at MAP start. What is the job 1 date? I thought it was the end of March with delivery to dealers this summer. I know some options have been delayed, but I thought production started last week. These constant delays are really starting to have an effect. It seems like the Bronco was revealed years ago while the Maverick that is close to production hasn't even been mentioned by Ford let alone revealed to the public. Hard to figure out what Ford is doing these days. Ditto with the Fusion Active.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

So when exactly does the production Bronco at MAP start. What is the job 1 date? I thought it was the end of March with delivery to dealers this summer. I know some options have been delayed, but I thought production started last week. These constant delays are really starting to have an effect. It seems like the Bronco was revealed years ago while the Maverick that is close to production hasn't even been mentioned by Ford let alone revealed to the public. Hard to figure out what Ford is doing these days. Ditto with the Fusion Active.

Preproduction/Press models started production. Job1 for retail isn't starting till May I think?

The Maverick has been leaked by suppliers/etc earlier then Ford wanted it to be, so thats why it seems like its taking longer. 

Fusion Active might only be an EU only product...seems like the midsized lineup in a state of flux with Ford trying to figure out what it wants to do exactly with the market changing and BEV requirements. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Preproduction/Press models started production. Job1 for retail isn't starting till May I think?

The Maverick has been leaked by suppliers/etc earlier then Ford wanted it to be, so thats why it seems like its taking longer. 

Fusion Active might only be an EU only product...seems like the midsized lineup in a state of flux with Ford trying to figure out what it wants to do exactly with the market changing and BEV requirements. 

Meanwhile, Subaru Outback sells a load of them while Ford is now advertising the BS against the Subaru Crosstrek. 

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Nope, it was August. I was there building the first ones. 

My mistake, that early 2020 building was nothing to do with Bronco builds at MAP

I went back and saw that it was actually 92 Bronco Sports built in Q1 2020, the rest

of the Bronco Sport story is now done.....

so now I’m thinking that Maverick timeline will follow a similar path as the Bronco Sport

with maybe a Q3/Q4 launch later in the year....

Edited by jpd80