Production Tesla Cybertruck Spied

rmc523

I was skeptical that it would make it to production looking like concept/prototype but... they are doing it. That's pretty amazing. 
I'm excited for continued innovation, and I'm excited to see automakers actually take advantage of new design directions you can go with EVs. 

I also think that it's great that some people think it's hideous. It's better to have a reaction to not even know it exist. And automakers don't have to design everything for everyone.

The Truck will sell, to who it sells to, which apparently is not you guys haha.

AND DAMN THAT WIPER BIG AF WTF

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Looks like the same windshield wiper from that pic, lol.  

The truck is not for me, because I like traditional styling, but good for them.  I always welcome competition because Ford products usually benefit from it.  With that said I’m looking forward to seeing this thing in action so I can understand how that cabin configuration is going to work out.  I don’t see how the rear seat occupants aren’t going to have their headroom impacted, but perhaps the angle starts soon enough to not affect it. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 8:14 PM, HotRunrGuy said:

First Cybertruck was sold at a Petersen Automotive Museum Auction a couple days ago. https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45485974/2024-tesla-cybertruck-auction/

Edited by rperez817

• 2 weeks later...

This example was in Marysville, Ohio on October 6 driving through downtown during a busy event.  Marysville is the site of the first Honda automobile manufacturing plant.  The downtown has advanced technology that allows V2V communication and it may be this Cybertruck was testing that sort of technology.IMG_4493.PNG.e4478cece925c8f8b34d0114009ca847.PNG

IMG_4494.PNG

IMG_4495.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 5:32 AM, jniffen said:

Wonder how it will on the crash tests.  

Anyone betting on how well it will survive the NHTSA front end collision? 

Also, will the IIHS even be testing thing? 

This is something I've been thinking about for years as well. We've seen Teslas out through crash tests, the material isn't deforming that much by the looks of things. That's good for durability I guess, but terrible for safety. Modern cars crumple not because they're poorly engineered or not built to last as some people say. It's because those crumple zones deform, and absorb a lot of the impact forces. If your truck doesn't absorb the impact, it's literally gonna kill some people. I know Tesla has some very stupid people running it, but they can't be this dumb can they? There has to be something we're missing. 

Because if we're not, that means this is a 700 hp heavy truck with sharp edges, terrible crumple zones, sketchy drive less software, and awful and unstable driving dynamics per the insider engineering report, and poor braking performance. Like, my God, this thing is just a rolling five car pileup. 

• Like 1