New Leader Shifts Lincoln's EV Plans - Lincoln is Expected to Discontinue Gasoline Versions of the Corsair and Aviator, While Its First EV, a Three-Row Crossover, is Expected in Late 2025

silvrsvt

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

To me, the difference was that Lincoln May have shared concealed things on a shard platform but the sheet metal was definitely different while Mercury got at best different nose and tail treatment - understandable sure to the closeness in price to the Ford progenitor.

If anything, GM  was guilty of more badge engineering in the 70s and 80s, treating its various brands more like trim levels of near similar vehicles. Having said that, later Buicks were given different sheet metal over what similar Chevrolets had while Cadillac got even more love with either bespoke platforms of significantly altered vehicles on shared platforms…..

While Buick had different sheet metal like Lincoln it had a less premium feel compared to Lincoln which constantly aspired Cadillac levels of luxury.

Personally I draw the line when the interior and most of the exterior is 100% unique like all the recent Lincolns.  But some think everything must be different including powertrains.

14 hours ago, akirby said:

Personally I draw the line when the interior and most of the exterior is 100% unique like all the recent Lincolns.  But some think everything must be different including powertrains.

I don’t think the powertrain needs to be different, but I do think the engine tune should always carry a few more HP for Lincoln versions.  It’s easy enough to add 15 HP with a different tune and differentiates it on paper from its Ford counterpart.  

18 hours ago, akirby said:

Correct, what is seen and felt by the buyers is of greater importance in terms of differentiation than the unseen.

Unique engine trans combinations add to that differentiation are nice to have but not essential,

sometimes an improved power level on a shared engine is all that’s needed..

I wonder what became of Cadillac’s Hot V engine, seemed like a very expensive answer to a SC LT.

Edited by jpd80

On 9/6/2023 at 7:56 PM, jasonj80 said:

That wasn't a concern, wouldn't make a difference as the sales would still end up at FoMoCo. Sales cannibalization was not a concern at PAG they actually were good with customers having an assortment of PAG vehicles in their driveway. The long goal was Jaguar would be more Benz / Lexus competition and Lincoln would be more BMW/Audi. The LS and the small sedan and then SUV were to have launched Lincoln back into the European market. 

Shouldn't have been the other way around since Jaguar is the one with the driver's car heritage?

On 9/8/2023 at 3:15 PM, The Handler said:

Shouldn't have been the other way around since Jaguar is the one with the driver's car heritage?

Think you have hit a critical point. Lincoln was unable to establish a true "luxury" specialty. LS was a strong signal that they were pursuing a BMW type persona. Test drove several and had a BMW 5 series vibe at a BMW 3 price. Performance from engine a bit weak. Solvable within Ford engine families. Eventually bought a 2003 Jaguar X type, used off the old Ford employee B lot. Manual transmission. Had a sport feel, but not as crisp as BMW 3. But the luxury vibe inside the Jaguar was overwhelming. The aroma of the interior was fine leather furniture in an English country estate. The Lincoln and BMW interior has aroma of plasticizers. Now Lincoln , with an SUV only line seems to be a luxury soft ride and interior appointments. Closest to Lexus. RX is their sales leader. Now Lincoln is taking their competitor (Nautilus) and building in China. So to the average customer, they can buy a Chinese built vehicle, or one assembled in Canada. Which is more palatable to American customers? 

3 hours ago, paintguy said:

Think you have hit a critical point. Lincoln was unable to establish a true "luxury" specialty. LS was a strong signal that they were pursuing a BMW type persona. Test drove several and had a BMW 5 series vibe at a BMW 3 price. Performance from engine a bit weak. Solvable within Ford engine families. Eventually bought a 2003 Jaguar X type, used off the old Ford employee B lot. Manual transmission. Had a sport feel, but not as crisp as BMW 3. But the luxury vibe inside the Jaguar was overwhelming. The aroma of the interior was fine leather furniture in an English country estate. The Lincoln and BMW interior has aroma of plasticizers. Now Lincoln , with an SUV only line seems to be a luxury soft ride and interior appointments. Closest to Lexus. RX is their sales leader. Now Lincoln is taking their competitor (Nautilus) and building in China. So to the average customer, they can buy a Chinese built vehicle, or one assembled in Canada. Which is more palatable to American customers? 

Canada! We’re your poor second class cousins! I’ve heard some ford management refer to us as snow Mexicans! Why would a vehicle built in China ever be more acceptable to Americans! Ford has been in Canada for over 100 years! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oacjay98 said:

Canada! We’re your poor second class cousins! I’ve heard some ford management refer to us as snow Mexicans! Why would a vehicle built in China ever be more acceptable to Americans! Ford has been in Canada for over 100 years! 

Hey, at least we are cousins. Actually my family "poor Cousins" are the most interesting people to know. I'd buy a Canadian Ford product in a heartbeat. Have had interaction with OAC personnel, and one plant manager from there. Now Ford China, is really a joint venture. So how are we to regard a "Chinese" Ford? Since OAC is slated as a BEV facility, I'm not quite ready. Some on here and elsewhere are trying to convince me otherwise. Wonder what range will be in your Canadian winters. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, paintguy said:

Hey, at least we are cousins. Actually my family "poor Cousins" are the most interesting people to know. I'd buy a Canadian Ford product in a heartbeat. Have had interaction with OAC personnel, and one plant manager from there. Now Ford China, is really a joint venture. So how are we to regard a "Chinese" Ford? Since OAC is slated as a BEV facility, I'm not quite ready. Some on here and elsewhere are trying to convince me otherwise. Wonder what range will be in your Canadian winters. 

Lol true enough. Well we’re just a tiny part of the Ford footprint so not much Canadian Fords to choose from lol. As for the BEV situation here I can only hope whatever Ford has planned here is successful. I have no interest in buying a BEV at this point I hope others do lol as that is what we will be making. I heard winter range isn’t the greatest with these EVs so we shall see. As for China I guess there is nothing we can do about it Ford does what they want whether we like it or not.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, joseodiaga4 said:

So, at this moment there won't be 4 Lincoln EVs.

I kinda miss Joy Falotico and hate the current boss

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 20.45.39.png

What the hell is that in the background?! Under the tarp, looks very low. The return of the coupe/sedan?! Has to be. 

IMG_20240109_143519.png

Edited by DeluxeStang

17 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

What the hell is that in the background?! Under the tarp, looks very low. The return of the coupe/sedan?! Has to be. 

IMG_20240109_143519.png

I hope it's a Continental- with coach doors as well!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

There's no way man, that's a three row crossover, the platform mate to the Lincoln star concept, the only design not covered up here. Whatever that thing under the tarp is, it's extremely low, ruling out the possibility of a crossover. The roof looks like it's around the same height as the star's beltline. 

Not to mention whatever that thing is, it has that long hood, sweeping roofline shape you would associate with a sports coupe or sedan. Whereas the design you showed has cab forward proportions. 

Edited by DeluxeStang
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

There's no way man, that's a three row crossover, the platform mate to the Lincoln star concept, the only design not covered up here. Whatever that thing under the tarp is, it's extremely low, ruling out the possibility of a crossover. The roof looks like it's around the same height as the star's beltline. 

Not to mention whatever that thing is, it has that long hood, sweeping roofline shape you would associate with a sports coupe or sedan. Whereas the design you showed has cab forward proportions. 

I would like to have the faith you have haha would be nice to have a coupe or sedan for Lincoln but so far the 4 evs they talked about some years ago were supposed to be electric version of the current lineup.

52 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

I would like to have the faith you have haha would be nice to have a coupe or sedan for Lincoln but so far the 4 evs they talked about some years ago were supposed to be electric version of the current lineup.

If I can ask, where did you find that original image? I wouldn't believe it myself if it wasn't for that teaser. Maybe whatever that is will just be a concept, but fingers crossed it makes it to production. 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

cq5dam.web.881.495.jpegMaybe it’s some version of the L100

This thought crossed my mind, maybe it's a production version after the positive reception that car got. Who knows, maybe this is that additional product coming to flat rock pending approval. Low volume enough so they wouldn't have to invest to ton of money into the program, but something that could be sold as a new Lincoln halo for a handsome price. 

16 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

If I can ask, where did you find that original image? I wouldn't believe it myself if it wasn't for that teaser. Maybe whatever that is will just be a concept, but fingers crossed it makes it to production. 

sure, I took it from this video 0:25

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 7:02 PM, rmc523 said:

So they can sell 5 a year haha.

6 if they use a V8 hahaha

Speaking about a V8, how about a Navigator with ta V8 to go against the Escalade V?  ?

Yeah, I am delusional 

Edited by joseodiaga4

On 1/9/2024 at 6:42 PM, twintornados said:

I would say with confidence that Lincoln will not be going anywhere as long as the Ford Family still controls the board and company. Lincoln was Edsel's baby and Edsel is held in highest regard within the family.

So was Mercury....

https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/ford-wants-to-eliminate-200-lincoln-dealers-via-buyouts/

After cutting around 100 Lincoln dealers in 2023, FoMoCo reportedly plans on slashing another 100 from its network this year, according to this new report, meaning that by the end of 2024, it would be left with around 400 stores. That’s roughly 40 percent fewer than the number of Lincoln dealers that existed as recently as 2021, too. However, by comparison, Lexus operates around half as many, and Cadillac has around 73 fewer stores as well, though both of those brands beat Lincoln in sales last year. The idea is to boost profitability, and Lincoln plans to offer existing dealers buyouts to reach this goal, though terms of those deals will vary by location and could include offers for more Ford-branded inventory and incentive plans.