Enjoy today, Boys. it's Bronco Time

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I just hope this doesn't backfire...we had over 110 reservations come over last night...theres going to be a LOT of people get pissed off when they realize this will be allocation dependent....

I thought the reservation allocations were outside the normal dealer allocation.

6 hours ago, buddysystem said:

I have a funny feeling that it's not all steel, just guessing.  I'd be willing to bet the hood and doors and tailgate are aluminum.  I also was looking at the rear fenders and I noticed the way they are attached to the rear door opening on the 4 door and body on the two door.  It looks like it could be a composite even.  It's not spot welded and sealed traditionally...I think.  Maybe it can be replaced for damage or another fender design....

I agree!

19 hours ago, akirby said:

I thought the reservation allocations were outside the normal dealer allocation.

I truly doubt that....like I said...we got ( edit...at 130 now )...and its climbing....theres no way well get even 30 a month for 3 months...absolutely no way....combine that with every other dealer and you've got a plain and simple mess...those order WILL be dealers allocation IMO...so I'm guessing theres going to be an awful lot of orders not fulfilled...and angry customers...

Edited by Deanh

Really like the Bronco's design and option list for offroad capability. As an Early Bronco owner they did the legacy of this vehicle justice and I can echo this sentiment of other fellow EB others from other sites. My big issue is the towing capacity. I really cant flat tow my EB behind this Bronco. Are there any tricks up Fords sleeves with the 2.7v6 to have a higher 4k+ towing capacity?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I truly doubt that....like I said...we got 105...and its climbing....theres no way well get even 30 a month for 3 months...absolutely no way....combine that with every other dealer and you've got a plain and simple mess...those order WILL be dealers allocation IMO...so I'm guessing theres going to be an awful lot of orders not fulfilled...and angry customers...

How many of them are going to be actual orders also? 

1 hour ago, buddysystem said:

I don't disagree.  Its the same argument for the Mustang.  The V8 has the sound and nostalgia.

But the Bronco went on hiatus for 23 years also. I’d say it’s legacy isn’t as strong.

(PS my next Mustang will have a V8 in it hopefully)

1 hour ago, 2005Explorer said:

Just remember our Rangers have one big advantage over the Bronco... They can tow over double the weight. ?

That's why as sweet as the Bronco is and as much as I really REALLY want one, I'm still going to get a Ranger. There's just things I need a vehicle for a Bronco simply can't do. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

How many of them are going to be actual orders also? 

who knows mate, but they all plonked down the $100.....my guess is a few will reneg when they figure out they cant be leased for$299 a month ( if you get my drift )

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's why as sweet as the Bronco is and as much as I really REALLY want one, I'm still going to get a Ranger. There's just things I need a vehicle for a Bronco simply can't do. 

...and the advantage with Bronco is the "trickle over"  to Ranger due to both being derived from the same "bones" you should be able to get Ranger with a 2.7L EB V6...maybe even the trick 5 link rear suspension too...

12 minutes ago, twintornados said:

...and the advantage with Bronco is the "trickle over"  to Ranger due to both being derived from the same "bones" you should be able to get Ranger with a 2.7L EB V6...maybe even the trick 5 link rear suspension too...

Not until the Ranger redesign. 

14 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But that is less then 18 months or so after the Bronco hits showrooms...

My lease is up in May. Gonna need something sooner. Honestly the timing of Bronco may not even work out even if it did fit all of my needs. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

57 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My lease is up in May. Gonna need something sooner. Honestly the timing of Bronco may not even work out even if it did fit all of my needs. 

I knew the Bronco was going to make me question my Mach-E order. I’m now contemplating leasing the Mach-E and going Bronco after.  Never leased before. Would normally have issue with mileage but plan on keeping the Flex, so I’d have a spare car to soak up some miles. 

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Agreed.  I wouldn’t pick a Bronco over a truck either.  

42 minutes ago, tbone said:

Agreed.  I wouldn’t pick a Bronco over a truck either.  

But what if there was a bronco that was a truck??

seriously though, the next gen ranger raptor will probably be here in a couple years and I’d imagine it will be significantly cheaper then the high end broncos and will be plenty capable with the added utility of a bed. It doesn’t hurt to wait and see what’s coming

Edited by T-dubz

10 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

But what if there was a bronco that was a truck??

seriously though, the next gen ranger raptor will probably be here in a couple years and I’d imagine it will be significantly cheaper then the high end broncos and will be plenty capable with the added utility of a bed. It doesn’t hurt to wait and see what’s coming

Haha, touché!

If the Bronco represents what can be done with the new Ranger platform, the next gen Ranger should be awesome too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Yeah, the low tow capacity was really shocking. Even the old Full-size broncos can tow more than this thing... really puzzling.

On one hand I am a little surprised at that, but then I think about it the suspension they used is automatically going to limit towing. Coil-overs aren't going to be able to tow as much as a leaf spring suspension, that's why RAM has been lagging in that department for years. 

I'm actually ok with that decision. I would rather they have made the Bronco great at what it's meant for rather than compromising and making it good at everything. That's kinda where I think the Ranger is supposed to fall into place. You have F-Series that are the towing/hauling machines, Bronco which is the off-road monster then Ranger that can do both well but not designed to specialize in either area. I hope I'm explaining my thought process coherently. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

On one hand I am a little surprised at that, but then I think about it the suspension they used is automatically going to limit towing. Coil-overs aren't going to be able to tow as much as a leaf spring suspension, that's why RAM has been lagging in that department for years. 

I'm actually ok with that decision. I would rather they have made the Bronco great at what it's meant for rather than compromising and making it good at everything. That's kinda where I think the Ranger is supposed to fall into place. You have F-Series that are the towing/hauling machines, Bronco which is the off-road monster then Ranger that can do both well but not designed to specialize in either area. I hope I'm explaining my thought process coherently. 

You know, that makes a lot of sense, so I can get behind that. I would suggest if POSSIBLE, that in the future Ford considers either a bronco truck or some kind of model geared towards towing, for someone who really wants a bronco SUV but maybe doesn't need to go crazy off-road. I figure if Bronco is going to be a brand, why not have a hauler too?  If it's possible to fit the ranger suspension under there, you might find a few would really like that solution.

Maybe that might be a bad direction to go (generally I like options and variety) but for now I'll just be happy they made the bronco dedicated to its true purpose.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, probowler said:

You know, that makes a lot of sense, so I can get behind that. I would suggest if POSSIBLE, that in the future Ford considers either a bronco truck or some kind of model geared towards towing, for someone who really wants a bronco SUV but maybe doesn't need to go crazy off-road. I figure if Bronco is going to be a brand, why not have a hauler too?  If it's possible to fit the ranger suspension under there, you might find a few would really like that solution.

Maybe that might be a bad direction to go (generally I like options and variety) but for now I'll just be happy they made the bronco dedicated to its true purpose.

I still say it doesn't really make much sense to do it with Ranger around but maybe that's where a potential Bronco pickup could fit in. 

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I still say it doesn't really make much sense to do it with Ranger around but maybe that's where a potential Bronco pickup could fit in. 

I don't think it makes much sense to have a Bronco pickup. Ranger is where it's at. The only way I could see it being feasible, is if they heavily differentiated them. I think part of the Gladitor's problem is too many compromises. Also, I think the design is ok at best.