Bronco to be Produced by JMC-Ford

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Does Webasto even have a Chinese operation?

I'm assuming they are going to stand up everything they need in country, which would require the tops being made there. AFAIK they still are having production issues with the US plant with not being able to make enough of them?

On 9/14/2023 at 6:58 AM, ausrutherford said:

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/202309/1288483.html#pvareaid=2028166

Makes sense given the Ranger just started production. 

Could allow for exports to markets prohibited by currency rates, taxes, or capacity from Dearborn.

They could export to other markets that already get JMC-Ford products (like the Ford Territory).

I like the squarish wheel arches/flares.
2024-ford-bronco-chinese-spec.jpg
2024-ford-bronco-chinese-spec.jpg
-Motor1

I have a feeling Ford will eventually adopt that for regular US-built models in the future and not limit them to special models like the Everglades and Heritage trims.

Edited by AM222

On 9/13/2023 at 5:58 PM, ausrutherford said:

https://www.autohome.com.cn/news/202309/1288483.html#pvareaid=2028166

Makes sense given the Ranger just started production. 

Could allow for exports to markets prohibited by currency rates, taxes, or capacity from Dearborn.

Gee, I haven;t learned chinese yet, but I'm sure it will be our national language very soon!

57 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

Gee, I haven;t learned chinese yet, but I'm sure it will be our national language very soon!

And I’m sure you’ll enjoy your 60 day vacation.  Keep your xenophobic comments to yourself or don’t bother coming back.  This article is about building broncos in China to be sold in China not the U.S.

• Like 3

On 9/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, Joe771476 said:

Maybe the UAW shouldn't be pushing for an average compensation of 300k per worker between pay raises and better benefits while also asking for a 32 hr work week. There is no bigger enemy to American auto workers than the UAW. They make absurd demands, and then wonder why all the manufacturing jobs get shipped to other countries.

For now, Ford seems to be pretty committed to building most of its vehicles here. But if the UAW keeps pushing, I can see than changing in the coming years/decades. 

• Haha 1

On 9/19/2023 at 1:40 AM, bzcat said:

Bronco to be build by Jiangling Ford. JMC is a brand under Jiangling Ford. 

I wonder what will happen to Everest... Ford didn't mention whether it will be replaced in China. Probably means Bronco will take its place. 

That could be the case. I guess something from Ford's icons lineup like the Bronco will do better there than the mainstream Everest in the Chinese market. It could also be exported to left-hand drive Southeast Asian markets. 

Edited by AM222

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 3:37 AM, silvrsvt said:

I'm assuming they are going to stand up everything they need in country, which would require the tops being made there. AFAIK they still are having production issues with the US plant with not being able to make enough of them?

China will have a paint matched top with removable side windows that won't be available in the U S.

On 9/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, T-dubz said:

I wish we got square fenders on all trims. The black diamond grille that is gloss black looks nice too. Not sure about the tiny “FORD” on the grille too, but I could get over that.

G M will build one with square fenders some day.