2025 Explorer tomorrow

• ice-capades changed the title to 2025 Explorer Tomorrow
2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm sure all that will be carryover lol.

Yeah, most likely correct; though it sure would be nice to see something completely new in the powertrain area.  And to be clear, I’m not saying there is anything wrong or bad with the two EcoBoost engine choices, or 10-speed auto, just that they are not for everyone.

Based on Ford having eliminated hybrid Explorer recently (except fleet and police), if there was going to be a major addition or revision in powertrains, it would not surprise me to see a different and upgraded HEV, or maybe a PHEV.

1 hour ago, ExplorerDude said:

2025 will have half the trim levels

Lemme guess:

Current:
XLT

ST-Line
Limited
Timberline

ST 

King Ranch

Platinum

Active

ST (with ST-line falling under that)

Timberland (or King Ranch)

Platinum

4 trims, 5th coming later. (Active, ST-Line, ST and Platinum)

Same powertrain.

5k towing for all trims.

Platinum now can have 2.3 or 3.0

New infotainment and instrument cluster (5x more powerfull).

Full functional Bluecruise (with subscription)

Optional painted black roof

Soundbar standard across entire dash

Wireless charger moved below center vents.

Looks much better in person then what I had seen in photographs.

20240122_162935.jpg

20240122_160207.jpg

20240122_160157.jpg

20240122_160114.jpg

20240122_160108.jpg

20240122_155607.jpg

20240122_154153.jpg

20240122_153305.jpg

20240122_153255.jpg

20240122_153240.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Haven’t they said the were prioritizing the hybrid for the PIU?

There is no PIU for 2025...yet. For the 2024MY, yes you are correct.

From what I recall of the hybrid reviews, it didn't really perform that great and the MPG increases in the real world where not there. 

Given all the chatter about EV sales slowing down and Ford apparently investing in P/HEVs, I'm slightly surprised that they didn't offer the 2.3L Powerboost that will be going into the ROW Ranger. But then again that might be something that pops up in 2-3 years when the Bronco gets a MCE and the Ranger gets it also. But then again nothing in the UAW contract about that engine either.

22 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

There is no PIU for 2025...yet. For the 2024MY, yes you are correct.

From what I recall of the hybrid reviews, it didn't really perform that great and the MPG increases in the real world where not there. 

Given all the chatter about EV sales slowing down and Ford apparently investing in P/HEVs, I'm slightly surprised that they didn't offer the 2.3L Powerboost that will be going into the ROW Ranger. But then again that might be something that pops up in 2-3 years when the Bronco gets a MCE and the Ranger gets it also. But then again nothing in the UAW contract about that engine either.

Sounds like they’ll continue using the hybrid for the PIU exclusively which is probably wise.  I doubt there was a lot of retail demand.  I do agree it’s more likely we’ll see a Powerboost option - probably with the 3.0 - in a year or two.  

Cue all the tablet haters.  After using the similar larger sync 4 screen for 2 years I love it.  The higher and more upright position makes it so much easier to see and use and it is not in your line of sight for driving.  And I love how clean the dash is and that you can have hvac vents below it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, akirby said:

Cue all the tablet haters.  After using the similar larger sync 4 screen for 2 years I love it.  The higher and more upright position makes it so much easier to see and use and it is not in your line of sight for driving.  And I love how clean the dash is and that you can have hvac vents below it.

Agreed.  We’ve only had our Corsair for 4 months but I really like the positioning of the screen and overall design.  It’s layout is very similar to the layout in the new Explorer. 

• Like 1