New Ford GT officially official

i was wrong anyway. Viper is the true car that can do no wrong in the eyes of a fanboi.

I actually like all of the various Corvette versions, it seems to be the one model that GM truly hits a homerun on practically every time.

Yes because there's no such thing as a Ford fanboi as displayed here....

Much better looking then the NSX.

The shocker imo about this GT is the sustainability by using an EB 3.5 and other of-the-self parts. Will the GT stick around or just disappear like the other times?.

mid engine Vette, mid engine GT....my guess is only one of the two will go the Le Mans route with its factory stock engine and displacement...Vette will probably have some version of their 6.2 in it. Cost comparison will be interesting, but theres no doubt in my mine the Vette will be a superb effort given how good the regular Vette is.....

mid engine Vette, mid engine GT....my guess is only one of the two will go the Le Mans route with its factory stock engine and displacement...Vette will probably have some version of their 6.2 in it. Cost comparison will be interesting, but theres no doubt in my mine the Vette will be a superb effort given how good the regular Vette is.....

Could GM have two engines, the 6.2 and a TTV6 aimed Le Mans?

I'll be the first to ask.. "Can I use the X plan?"..

I said that back in 2005 when my dealer had a new yellow GT on the showroom floor. I said "Let me get my pin!" and the salesman held out a ball point pen and said "this is the only pen you'll be needing".

• Like 1

I think it's clear between the GT350 and the GT that Ford is no longer setting their sights on GM as sports car competition - they're aiming far far higher (and hitting that target!).

With the possibility of a rear engined Corvette, GM might be setting its sights much higher too but as many have said,

I'll believe it when I see it. GM's latest Corvette has been a sales hit and it would be hard to now change all of that.

An aluminum Mustang would send a powerful message to GM.....

Edited by jpd80

With the possibility of a rear engined Corvette, GM might be setting its sights much higher too but as many have said,

I'll believe it when I see it. GM's latest Corvette has been a sales hit and it would be hard to now change all of that.

As far as I can tell from reports, both would be sold (existing C7 and mid-engined C8 supercar).

It will be here sooner then you think! For all we know, around the same time as the GT.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/exclusive-mid-engine-c8-chevrolet-corvette-first-photos-news

Yeah, that's why I mentioned it.

As far as I can tell from reports, both would be sold (existing C7 and mid-engined C8 supercar).

Yeah, I've read the existing/traditional 'vette would go on being known as Stingray, while the mid engine one could be known as Zora.

It just seems odd to me that they'd so radically change the Corvette from what it is. I mean, I'm sure they could be reaching a point of diminishing returns performance wise with the traditional layout, but isn't the layout what makes a Corvette a Corvette? I wouldn't be surprised if we see a dual/split approach as mentioned above.

cant wait to hear the V6 wailing at peak RPMs....although I understand people desiring the flat plane, if these are successful in Le Mans it will add some serious cudos to the ecoboost image, and I think with this car they wanted to give a "high Tech" image....