Expedition Refresh

• ice-capades changed the title to Expedition Refresh
Posted (edited)

Damn, it looks great.  I like how the rear tail light molds from the rear quarter window applique.  This looks like either a king ranch or limited high.  I wonder why the rear end is jacked so high though.

Edited by Dlcorbett

1 hour ago, Dlcorbett said:

Damn, it looks great.  I like how the rear tail light molds from the rear quarter window applique.  This looks like either a king ranch or limited high.  I wonder why the rear end is jacked so high though.

The rear is oddly proportioned. 

There's a nav behind the expy, but no individual pics of it, I guess because it looks heavily covered.  

The rear quarter window will lose the body colored c pillar like the current nav. It looks like itll be getting sequential lights as well.  I wonder how the rear tailgate is going come together, they are still covering the tailgate, but the last spy photos of the tail gate make the tail lights look very incohesive. They should've copied the Explorers rear.  Even with 24s, it looks like coils in the back...hmm.

I’m not sure what to think about this design.  It almost feels like a refresh to me.  I’ll reserve judgment until I see the final product but I expected a little more radical change than this evolutionary change that took them seven years to come up with. 

48 minutes ago, tbone said:

I’m not sure what to think about this design.  It almost feels like a refresh to me.  I’ll reserve judgment until I see the final product but I expected a little more radical change than this evolutionary change that took them seven years to come up with. 

This is a refresh. The body lines along the side are basically unchanged. Just some new bumpers when it comes to the visuals, as well as new wheels. But the body isn't all new. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sullynd said:

The rear is oddly proportioned. 

Must be the curvy hatch/tailgate and the slim back window that looks a bit too small for the rear end.
2025-ford-expedition-rear-view-spy-photo

I was hoping the rear would be a bit more boxier like maybe the one on the Everest (Ranger's SUV sibling).
Everest-Wildtrak-01-13.jpg
The refreshed 2025 Explorer's rear taillights actually have the same styling details as the ones on the Everest.
2025-ford-explorer-st.jpg

Edited by AM222
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

This is a refresh. The body lines along the side are basically unchanged. Just some new bumpers when it comes to the visuals, as well as new wheels. But the body isn't all new. 

This is new generation with a new model code, not just a refresh. Yes this new generation uses the same “footprint” as the outgoing Expedition and carries over the exterior door panels and roof but virtually everything else on the exterior and interior are new.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AM222 said:

Are they really getting rid of the body-colored C-pillar panels? That's been an Expedition thing ever since and it helps set it further apart from the Navigator (at least from the side view). 
2022-ford-expedition-stealth-review.jpg
2022-lincoln-navigator-black-label-side-

Yeah I too was disappointed to see that they “blacked out” the body color c-pillar. That was a Ford SUV heritage design cue which every Explorer has had, every Expedition (up until 2025) has had, the Excursion had, and the first 2 generations of the Escape had as well.

I get that it’s hard to make a model look different from generation to generation if that always stays the same but it was definitely an important design cue. Unfortunately nothing lasts forever.

30 minutes ago, ExplorerDude said:

Yeah I too was disappointed to see that they “blacked out” the body color c-pillar. That was a Ford SUV heritage design cue which every Explorer has had, every Expedition (up until 2025) has had, the Excursion had, and the first 2 generations of the Escape had as well.

I get that it’s hard to make a model look different from generation to generation if that always stays the same but it was definitely an important design cue. Unfortunately nothing lasts forever.

If it is like the Ranger, the black-out on the B pillar is a vinyl wrap that can be removed.

17 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought that changed when the 703 came out. 

I'll defer to you as you look at them all day, but it is possible to do on the 2019-23 5G Ranger. I don't know what the p- number was.

2 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

This is new generation with a new model code, not just a refresh. Yes this new generation uses the same “footprint” as the outgoing Expedition and carries over the exterior door panels and roof but virtually everything else on the exterior and interior are new.

I apologize, the horizontal character line running along the length of the side, and the general shape just looked unchanged to me, so I thought it was the same.