Offical 2019 Ranger thread

akirby...its not like price is one of the boxes buyers actually check right?......a single cab/ chassis would be a cheap experiment....we sell PLENTY of regular cab f150s....why not the Ranger?.....and for those stating the 1 1/2 and 4 door are the new standard trucks, you're basically saying Ford should/ could kill regular cab F150s and Superduties right?....because apparently theres no market right?....the major reason the Supercab and Crewcab market is as strong is fundamentally due to the fact those cab configurations are bought by retail consumers that utilize the truck as a daily driver....Company vehicles and true fleet are used differently...purely for work purposes.....and if anyone doesnt think the Fleet/ business market isn't big enough , you need to get out more...Fords the market leader which is why I'm scratching my head on this one...opportunity ( at least for now ) lost.

Dean, I think you answered your own question, sort of. If you look at what Ford has done, or not done, with the new Ranger it starts to make sense. No V6, no single cab, no Raptor. What do all those things have in common? They are different than the F-150. I don't think that is by accident. If you want any of those things in a Ford truck you still have to buy an F-150. ;)

• Like 1

Well they’re not buying any new Tacoma or Colorado regular cabs because they no longer make them.

Yes, but I still see come companies still using those regular cabs. Not sure what they will purchase when it's time to get new ones.

I'm wondering if the 2019 model year for the Ranger will be a rather short run? It was announced that it will go on sale in 'the first quarter of 2019' as a 2019. So if it's January of 2019, that's nine months of 2019 model year before it's time for 2020 model year. So I'm wondering if this one-engine lineup is just for 2019 to get production started while keeping it simple, and then plan on offering more powertrain options for 2020 just a mere nine months or so later?

Or they just haven't announced them yet. I could easily see where they're holding the reg cab for a fleet/commercial truck show and engineers are busy finalizing the details and/or certifications of other powertrains. Production is still close to a year off yet.

One other thing I forgot to add is no diesel. Most of the things that we can't get here (yet?) in the Ranger can be had in other markets. Why is that? Do you think it is maybe because the F-150 is not available in those markets?

Sorry if this has been covered previously in the 11 pages....watching youtube and seeing some noted details on the new Ranger....they are talking about frame mounted front bumper instead of fascia's.....what is the difference? Sounds like this means something to the off road crowd....which I'm sure the upcoming Bronco is meant for.

Bitchin cause no ranger then bitchin when ford caves and builds it..personally i think the ranger should have stayed dead..its not goin to be any easier when the heep scrambler arrives for ford..yea i do agree a regular cab should be offered but i doubt there is any profit in such a truck...i paid $6k for a regular cab ranger in 1990 and drove it off the lot..fine commuter truck..sucked at most everything else though

Edited by snooter

all black would close that interior in big time......heck, do they even make anything with dark headliners anymore...they want everything to look open and airy...that said....I DESPISE two tone seats...they have RUINED several interiors going that route...

Our 2008 Expedition as well as our 2015 F-150 have an all black headliner. I don't mind it, I also had a 2010 Fusion that had the gray headliner.

Heck, most work trucks are crew cabs these days so the companies can put 5 people in them to go to jobs.

No. Not the reason. How often do you see crew cabs loaded with 5 workers?

These days, trucks are rolling offices. Foremen use the back seat for carrying tools and excessive amounts of paper. Go to any job site and look at the back seat of these trucks.

The reality is that vans are better suited for most commercial pickup drivers. But no one wants to drive one.

Pioneer...its light grey no...if it was dark youd feel like you were in a really small tomb...claustrophobic...

all black would close that interior in big time......heck, do they even make anything with dark headliners anymore...they want everything to look open and airy...that said....I DESPISE two tone seats...they have RUINED several interiors going that route...

I just took out a 2016 Explorer Limited for a ride and it had a black headliner and no moonroof (WTH?!?!) ...it felt like I was staring into the Monolith from 2001 - A Space Odyssey.... it felt extremely "closed in" sitting in an otherwise spacious vehicle.

• Like 1

I just took out a 2016 Explorer Limited for a ride and it had a black headliner and no moonroof (WTH?!?!) ...it felt like I was staring into the Monolith from 2001 - A Space Odyssey.... it felt extremely "closed in" sitting in an otherwise spacious vehicle.

Awesome feeling, wasn't it.

• Like 2

These days, trucks are rolling offices. Foremen use the back seat for carrying tools and excessive amounts of paper. Go to any job site and look at the back seat of these trucks.

The reality is that vans are better suited for most commercial pickup drivers. But no one wants to drive one.

Around Chicagoland I see many crew cabs full of workers. They do get used for their intended purpose as well.

I will check out the Ranger when it hits the showrooms. If it has a smooth quiet ride I will probably order one in 3 years or so and it will be a fully loaded SCrew. Trying to get on a schedule of replacing vehicles every 3 years now that I'm retired. Pretty sure it's a sickness :)

• Like 2

I will check out the Ranger when it hits the showrooms. If it has a smooth quiet ride I will probably order one in 3 years or so and it will be a fully loaded SCrew. Trying to get on a schedule of replacing vehicles every 3 years now that I'm retired. Pretty sure it's a sickness :)

I understand your sickness, I suffer from it too?

• Like 3

True-but these are 3/4 ton or one tons. We are talking about Ranger here. Although I have to say-most of the guys around here that are foremen/supers and have a company truck as a bene, do not have crew cabs or even super cabs.

Although I have to say-most of the guys around here that are foremen/supers and have a company truck as a bene, do not have crew cabs or even super cabs.

Exactly. Whenever i see a crewcab on a jobsite it's a personal truck (and more often than not it's a RAM). Company trucks are regular cab.

Yes-but they are NOT mid size-they are full size-that is the debate. Is there a market for a commercial basic cab truck.

The question is not whether there's a market for it. There's a market for anything and everything. There are buyers out there for a basic commercial Ranger single cab.

The questions are:

1) how big is that market

2)what will it cost to service that market, and

3) what will you make off of servicing that market.

• Like 1

The question is not whether there's a market for it. There's a market for anything and everything. There are buyers out there for a basic commercial Ranger single cab.

The questions are:

1) how big is that market

2)what will it cost to service that market, and

3) what will you make off of servicing that market.

THIS. ^^^^^^^